John Means getting a chance

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This September reminds me a lot of 2007 and 2008, when it seemed we had to dig into our minor league reserves multiple times to make it through the month.    Fernando Cabrera, Rocky Cherry, Jim Hoey, Rob Bell, Victor Zambrano, Radhames Liz, Victor Santos, Jim Miller, Bob McCrory, Brian Bass, Jon Leicester, Kam Mickolio and Albert Castillo, just to name a few of the immortals on those September rosters.

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Maybe Valera is 60 day DL'ed or Susac goes.

Either is fine. Valera makes the most sense, but Susec can be cut at any time and if the team wasn't so thin on pitching, I'd DFa Phillips. They could also DL Cobb and put him on the 60-man.

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Hays. was recalled and placed on 60 DL. 

Kind of surprised about that.   That uses Hays service time and the O's have to pay him for the remaining games.    If they just put Valera on the 60 DL they could have saved the money they are paying Hays.  Not that its a lot of money .

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Kind of surprised about that.   That uses Hays service time and the O's have to pay him for the remaining games.    If they just put Valera on the 60 DL they could have saved the money they are paying Hays.  Not that its a lot of money .

I think it shows that the O's aren't as enamored with service time manipulation as the OH is.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it shows that the O's aren't as enamored with service time manipulation as the OH is.

It only means adding one week to his service time. It's not as if the Orioles wouldn't keep Hays in the minors for an extra week in May to get an extra year of control. Odds are that Hays will be called up in late May if he is performing for the sake of team control.

Archived