Assume that Duquette stays...

Frobby

3 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

This had nothing to do with the Toronto nonsense.  You're talking about the same owner that overruled Pat Gillick in 1996 and every GM since.   If Angelos cared what his GM thought, he wouldn't personally negotiate contracts like he did for Davis, and Albert Belle, Melvin Mora, and that's what I remember off the top of my head.

and run people like Mussina and Davey out of town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

You're talking about the same owner that overruled Pat Gillick in 1996 and every GM since.

Imagine if Angelos got out of the way and let Gillick rebuild the way he wanted. Probably would've had multiple Championships with the core we had and Gillick's talent evaluation.

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

I don't think Dan deserves to be extended.   So I am not ready to assume he stays.    I am not saying whether he will or will not.  I just will not go there yet.

Gausman, Davis, Jimenez, Gallado, Trumbo.   You can say some of these moves were ownership, but it was Dan's job to stop ownership from making foolish moves.  He failed.

So has every other GM to work for Angelos. Actually Dan is the most successful of his GM.s 

3 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Imagine if Angelos got out of the way and let Gillick rebuild the way he wanted. Probably would've had multiple Championships with the core we had and Gillick's talent evaluation.

Which is why, there are so many fans of the Orioles that despise Angelos for his handling of the team.

Yes, 5 years of winning, helped taper that hatred, but now we are back to using and he was meddling again, and those feelings have resurfaced.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

So you wont give any credit to Andy for any of the good stuff he got done that allowed DD to build on to have winning baseball here.

Thats just asinine.

What's asinine is assuming that because I think Dan is the most successful GM under PA I don't think Andy deserves any credit for the job he did.

1 minute ago, El Gordo said:

What's asinine is assuming that because I think Dan is the most successful GM under PA I don't think Andy deserves any credit for the job he did.

then you are clueless as usual.

How many times did DD give public praise for Andy for starting the rebuild and trading Bedard?

A bunch.

i will not disagree with you about DD, he is the most successful GM under PA.

If it wasn't for Andy, he wouldnt have been'

Give credit where credit is due.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

then you are clueless as usual.

How many times did DD give public praise for Andy for starting the rebuild and trading Bedard?

A bunch.

i will not disagree with you about DD, he is the most successful GM under PA.

If it wasn't for Andy, he wouldnt have been'

Give credit where credit is due.

You know name calling doesn't bolster your argument.  It only makes you look stupiid. Andy did a good job Dan did a better job.

1 minute ago, El Gordo said:

You know name calling doesn't bolster your argument.  It only makes you look stupiid. Andy did a good job Dan did a better job.

Clueless is an adjective used to describe an action.

Its not a name or a noun.

clue·less
ˈklo͞oləs/
adjective
informal
adjective: clueless
  1. having no knowledge, understanding, or ability.
    "you're clueless about how to deal with the world"

4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Dan Duquette according to google, has a net worth of 1.9 million.

Assuming this is right, then he shouldn't have to worry about feeding his family.

He did survive 10 years, between GM gigs.

Personally, I am okay keeping Dan on to rebuild. He has done more good than bad, and some of his bad, was Peter.

How the hell does google know Duquette’s net worth?

Archived