Loverro: The Orioles could be sold this winter

Tony-OH

Just now, wildcard said:

Orioles Magic and Orioles Essential are written about he Orioles years before Peter Angelos.  The Story of Camden Yard is written mostly about he park, Edward Bennet William, the planing that went in to the design and how it influenced the building of other parks.  

He was an O's fan before the Nats moves to Washington.  When I have listened to him he seem like a pretty big Nats fans and takes the Nats side on issues.  I still doubt he know much more about where the O's are headed than we do.

My only point is he has plenty of history with the city and the team.   I happen to agree with you that I doubt he has much insider information in this particular case. I said the same thing several months ago.   

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Orioles Magic and Orioles Essential are written about he Orioles years before Peter Angelos.  The Story of Camden Yard is written mostly about he park, Edward Bennet William, the planing that went in to the design and how it influenced the building of other parks.  

He was an O's fan before the Nats moves to Washington.  When I have listened to him he seem like a pretty big Nats fans and takes the Nats side on issues.  I still doubt he know much more about where the O's are headed than we do.

WC,

You havent listed to him enough then.

He is a very intelligent reporter and Ive heard him talk, Ravens, Redskins, Orioles, Nationals and Terps.

BTW, he also has a gig on 106.7

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, cause he works out of the Nats market.

wildcard, take the L.  Seriously, it's ok to be wrong sometimes.

So you disagree have what I said about the books content.

When I am wrong I say so.  I don't think I am wrong about this.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So you disagree have what I said about the books content.

When I am wrong I say so.  I don't think I am wrong about this.

I don't disagree about the books content, I disagree on your take about us knowing just about as much as he does about the Orioles.  

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

WC,

You havent listed to him enough then.

He is a very intelligent reporter and Ive heard him talk, Ravens, Redskins, Orioles, Nationals and Terps.

BTW, he also has a gig on 106.7

I didn't say he was not intelligent.  I said I think he is a Nats fan and does not have any more insight in where the  O's are headed then we do.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't disagree about the books content, I disagree on your take about us knowing just about as much as he does about the Orioles.  

Like Rosenthial, Heyman or Jim Duquette and some of their tweets and articles, you question the validity and if they are just trying to stir the pot.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I didn't say he was not intelligent.  I said I think he is a Nats fan and does not have any more insight in where the  O's are headed then we do.

He gives the Orioles a lot of coverage.   I don’t know who he is a “fan” of — he’s a journalist, so that’s irrelevant to me.    Either he knows stuff or he doesn’t.   In this case, I don’t think he knows much. But we’ll see.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Like Rosenthial, Heyman or Jim Duquette and some of their tweets and articles, you question the validity and if they are just trying to stir the pot.

I guess.  I know @TonySopranoand I have gone to the mattresses about Rosenthal.  I prefer to think of those guys as credible and above trying to mess with the Orioles.  Maybe Rosenthal did when he was a young punk covering the team back in the 80s but if he's going home every night and sticking pins in an Orioles voodoo doll, I'd be very surprised.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

By Ripken led group do you mean being the figurehead employee of a corporate ownership group like Jeter is in Miami? 

He could do that.

Actually lead a group?  He doesn't have the money.

Yes, I mean a figurehead.  I am sure that he doesn't have the money to lead a group especially after his divorce.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I guess.  I know @TonySopranoand I have gone to the mattresses about Rosenthal.  I prefer to think of those guys as credible and above trying to mess with the Orioles.  Maybe Rosenthal did when he was a young punk covering the team back in the 80s but if he's going home every night and sticking pins in an Orioles voodoo doll, I'd be very surprised.

Usually these guys, I give a big grain of salt to, because they put so much stuff out there, I tend to be a doubting Thomas and need to hear more believe I jump on that wagon.

I am no fan of Angelos son's but I don't think you should be calling them "Boys" in a professional written article.  

This is the worst thing from the article:
"But the order came down for no official goodbye or recognition for Jones from the team, as management is still sore about his refusal to waive his 10-and-5 rights to be traded at the deadline this season."

Seems the sons might just be worse than their father. 

Archived