The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

If the Orioles come away empty handed it will certainly be disappointing, but not the end of the world. The Orioles are so far away that one prospect is not likely to make a tremendous difference in the grand scheme of things, unless VVM becomes a superstar. The odds are great that he will be nothing more than a minor leaguer at best. Still, it would have been nice to have him.

Makes the Gausman trade look really bad now, IMO. Should have held onto KG and traded him next deadline. Guess that O'Day money was real important to ownership.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I said it before....my conspiracy theory is that VVMs agent wanted to avoid criticism and controversy and did it as a publicity thing.  VVM was gonna go there all along, they just didn't want anyone to say they didn't get a shot to see the kid and make an offer.  

Lol, Orioles are gonna walk out of this with nothing.  I'd have actually been happy with Gaston only.  

But this team can't have nice things.  

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.  I knew I shouldn't have thought we'd have a chance at this guy.  I knew it.  I knew it.  And I let my hopes get up.  Lesson learned, once again, never get my hopes up about anything Orioles related.  They'll always be losers, their prospects will never pan out, they'll never sign the right free agents.  Repeat each day.

Take a deep breath. It ain’t over till it’s over.

26 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

The workout was hosted by the Marlins.

The Marlins put Marlins jerseys in the players' lockers.

The players put on the jerseys.

People took photos of them wearing the jerseys.

They all may have signed with the Marlins, but simply putting on the jerseys doesn't mean anything.

I thought the same thing, as devil's advocate, but it is the O's, and I also think the location is a huge factor, so I'm expecting the worst.

1 minute ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Theres no way the Marlins sign all 3 unless the Os dont try. Money talks.  A plane trip to Miami is like $150 dollars.

This is where I am with it. If VVM signs with the Marlins, I'll be really interested to know what Baltimore offered. I think it will be very shortsighted on the Orioles part if they aren't willing to spend their full allotment of cash to make this happen.

17 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

If the Orioles come away empty handed it will certainly be disappointing, but not the end of the world. The Orioles are so far away that one prospect is not likely to make a tremendous difference in the grand scheme of things, unless VVM becomes a superstar. The odds are great that he will be nothing more than a minor leaguer at best. Still, it would have been nice to have him.

Makes the Gausman trade look really bad now, IMO. Should have held onto KG and traded him next deadline. Guess that O'Day money was real important to ownership.

I don't think he'll be a superstar, but I wouldn't say the odds are great that he is just a minor leaguer.  That's just not accurate.

6 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

This is where I am with it. If VVM signs with the Marlins, I'll be really interested to know what Baltimore offered. I think it will be very shortsighted on the Orioles part if they aren't willing to spend their full allotment of cash to make this happen.

Also shortsighted to give away 750K if you don't already have a deal in place.

Unless of course they are actually targeting another 16 year old Korean.

24 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

They got rid of Dan, so it is kinda irrelevant. And Gausman was all about saving money anyway. So will all the moves of the next year. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Also shortsighted to give away 750K if you don't already have a deal in place.

Unless of course they are actually targeting another 16 year old Korean.

Watching the Rox and Brew Crew - Venezuela is where the action was a few years back.

Archived