The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2018 at 11:32 AM, OregonBird said:

Miami just makes too much sense for VVM unless they just low ball him.  

Does Baltimore have a Cuban American community?

I keep hearing how much sense Miami makes... and I can see it on the surface, for sure. 

But thinking about it... WHY? If they Yankees had the money, everyone would be saying they're probably signing there. If Boston had the money... if LA had the money, etc. 

It's an excuse. Get there and throw everything we have at the Mesa family, and see what happens. Money usually talks. 

1 minute ago, Bradysburns said:

I keep hearing how much sense Miami makes... and I can see it on the surface, for sure. 

But thinking about it... WHY? If they Yankees had the money, everyone would be saying they're probably signing there. If Boston had the money... if LA had the money, etc. 

It's an excuse. Get there and throw everything we have at the Mesa family, and see what happens. Money usually talks. 

Yankees, Boston, LA are desirable franchises to play for.  

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

And no one goes to their games.  Like I said if you offer 2 million more than the Marlins the Mesa Brothers would have birds on their caps tomorrow.  

You don't think this hasn't been done already?

Thats what I don't understand.  Everyone knows what cards everyone else is holding.  Does anyone really think that the O's went in and didn't put their best offer forward?  

Marlins still scrambling to get more money, its obvious as to what's going on.

10 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Does anyone really think that the O's went in and didn't put their best offer forward?  

Well, we haven't exactly been known to do that, have we? Unless, of course, we're left having to scramble and then we end up overpaying. If you notice, and I'm sure you have, is this ownership has one of those dart boards with scenarios on it. They bring in Brady, blindfold him and spin him around 3 times in front of the board. He then throws 3 darts and wherever they land that's what the plan is.

Here's an example:  1- Baseball Showcase  2- Stop on way down and get breakfast at Waffle House   3- Low ball offer to start negotiations. Should be obvious to everyone what Step 4 is: Profit

1 minute ago, terphoopsfan said:

Well, we haven't exactly been known to do that, have we? Unless, of course, we're left having to scramble and then we end up overpaying. If you notice, and I'm sure you have, is this ownership has one of those dart boards with scenarios on it. They bring in Brady, blindfold him and spin him around 3 times in front of the board. He then throws 3 darts and wherever they land that's what the plan is.

Here's an example:  1- Baseball Showcase  2- Stop on way down and get breakfast at Waffle House   3- Low ball offer to start negotiations. Should be obvious to everyone what Step 4 is: Profit

I agree, but as I said everyone knows what cards the Orioles are holding.  If the Orioles went in and didn't immediately shove all the chips to the middle of the table, then they straight up don't deserve to sign any of these guys.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I agree, but as I said everyone knows what cards the Orioles are holding.  If the Orioles went in and didn't immediately shove all the chips to the middle of the table, then they straight up don't deserve to sign any of these guys.  

This is true except for the pitcher! Maybe they have offered the entire pool to the Mesa Brothers and are waiting for an answer. You cant do that and also be offering it to Gaston. The Orioles would be better off getting the Mesa brothers IMO due to the shortage of positional start talent in our organization.

Archived