TT: Silence of Ownership is Deafening

Tony-OH

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Because if they pick the right guys that the fan base can believe in then all will be forgiven no matter when it happens.

I'm not sure it matters if they "pick the right guys". Seeing how the sample size of 26 yrs. ownership and their meddling ways is vast, plus there's the Brady Whisperer to deal with, why would you give them the benefit of the doubt? This is a total rebuild and if ownership isn't prepared to let the alleged right guys do what's necessary and support them 100% financially regarding all the necessary changes that needs to be accomplished.

I'm reserving judgement for the next 2 years regardless of who they hire. I see John and Lou not falling far from the tree as it relates to their father's proclivity for always knowing better than the professionals he hires. You would think a 47 win season an being an embarrassment will change the way you do business.

4 minutes ago, weams said:

https://www.pressboxonline.com/story/8529/front-row-duquette-walters-duo-seeks-history-repeat

"All teams, in big markets and small, face a certain amount of pressure from fans and commentators to spend in order to show they want to win," Walters said. "But people have to remember that over-spending here can cost you wins over there; if you waste a few millions on a free agent who doesn't perform, you may not be able to sign a draftee or international prospect you want."

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The problem is, if they hire someone in December, who's available to be hired by them? Who doesn't have a job lined up by November other than current Orioles people and those who were not retained by their former clubs? This is why this should have been decided this season, long before the season was over. Allowing Duquette to work through his contract and even make the trades for the future seems ridiculous if they were not planning on retaining him. If they knew he was not the guy, they should not have waited until October to start looking for his replacement. 

Then again, it's in the Angelos blood to do everything as slowly and deliberately as possible. Until I see otherwise, I will hold out hope that the Orioles will bring in some kind of President who has a team lined up and will turn the keys overs to him. I hope because I'm a fan of the team, but I don't have confidence that's going to happen.

Could not agree more, how incompetent is your organization when you allow a lame duck executive to trade away young talent with multiple years of control? 

27 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Could not agree more, how incompetent is your organization when you allow a lame duck executive to trade away young talent with multiple years of control? 

Allow = obey order to radically decrease expenses immediately.  Got it.

Archived