Bleier and Trumbo injury updates

wildcard

Roch reports:

Richard Bleier should be recovered  for spring spring training.   Bleier will  be 32 on April 16th.

Mark Trumbo had surgery on his right knee on September 11th with a 6 month  recovery time.    That put his ready by March 11th.   If everything goes well he should be ready by the start of the season on March 28th.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/11/whats-on-todays-agenda-1.html

Both players  will probably be traded during 2019.   They will probably have to show they are healthy and productive before being traded.    Probably June or July trades.       Because of their ages they probably do not fit into the plan for the future. And the O's will want to get rid on Trumbo's salary ASAP.  Mancini and Mountcastle are in line to replace Trumbo at DH.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Roch reports:

Richard Bleier should be recovered  for spring spring training.   Bleier will  be 32 on April 16th.

Mark Trumbo had surgery on his right knee on September 11th with a 6 month  recovery time.    That put his ready by March 11th.   If everything goes well he should be ready by the start of the season on March 28th.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/11/whats-on-todays-agenda-1.html

Both players  will probably be traded during 2019.   They will probably have to show they are healthy and productive before being traded.    Probably June or July trades.       Because of their ages they probably do not fit into the plan for the future. And the O's will want to get rid on Trumbo's salary ASAP.  Mancini and Mountcastle are in line to replace Trumbo at DH.

I don't think there will be much market for Trumbo unless he has a better year than in 2018 (which was respectable, when he was healthy).   Bleier on the other hand is cheap.    The O's may not be in a big hurry to trade him but I'm sure they'll do it if they get a good offer.

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't think there will be much market for Trumbo unless he has a better year than in 2018 (which was respectable, when he was healthy).   Bleier on the other hand is cheap.    The O's may not be in a big hurry to trade him but I'm sure they'll do it if they get a good offer.

The O's would probably be looking for salary relief on Trumbo.   By t he deadline he will have 4.5m left on his contract. If he is hitting well and someone loses a hitter to injury he might move.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And Davis is in the lineup tonight. I am so excited,I just cant hide it.I want to watch all the strikeouts. I need K's .Wont wrap the ball around you.

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

And Davis is in the lineup tonight. I am so excited,I just cant hide it.I want to watch all the strikeouts. I need K's .Wont wrap the ball around you.

Maybe the hip injury is a cover and Elias had Davis go under an experimental brain reprogramming procedure. 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I sat down the right field line tonight and was in the stands about 30 minutes or so before the game started. Trumbo definitely appeared to be limping around as he was trying to get warmed up. 

Bummer. Trumbo hasn’t been the same since that damn pie in the face.

• 3 weeks later...

Bleier needs to get sent down. He just doesn’t look right. He struggled in ST too. I say send him to Bowie. Let him find his mechanics, before he re-injures himself. Like the rest of the pen he’s had to throw a lot and warm up a lot this season. Let him get himself right. Like Palmer said last night, he’s coming off serious surgery. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Bleier needs to get sent down. He just doesn’t look right. He struggled in ST too. I say send him to Bowie. Let him find his mechanics, before he re-injures himself. Like the rest of the pen he’s had to throw a lot and warm up a lot this season. Let him get himself right. Like Palmer said last night, he’s coming off serious surgery. 

Who do you bring up to replace him?

Archived