Luke’s 2018 Rule 5 Draft Preference List

Luke-OH

16 minutes ago, atomic said:

Seems like Kean Wong could be drafted and step right in and help the team.  If the team drafts some player that is going to have .500 OPS or a 6 run ERA I am going to be angry.  Get guys that can help the team not guys who will awful this year have to go back to the minors in 2020 and then never be heard from again. 

I'd rather draft a guy with a 10% chance of 3 WAR/year in the future than a 100% chance of replacement level in 2019. I would agree if we are looking to contend, but that is a long way off.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'd rather draft a guy with a 10% chance of 3 WAR/year in the future than a 100% chance of replacement level in 2019. I would agree if we are looking to contend, but that is a long way off.

And that is why I am glad you aren't running the show. 

I clicked on the link and am going to watch the Rule 5 draft.  I never thought I'd write/say/do that in my life. 

I 100% won't know anything about the guy and will come back here to see what everyone says.  It's nice to have a little O's excitement back though :)

5 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

I clicked on the link and am going to watch the Rule 5 draft.  I never thought I'd write/say/do that in my life. 

I 100% won't know anything about the guy and will come back here to see what everyone says.  It's nice to have a little O's excitement back though :)

Low standards for excitement this off-season.   All I see is snow falling in the link. 

Archived