Normalcy

Frobby

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I mean if he's hurting for money it's either A) Lawsuit or B) Some celebrity rehab and/or cooking how on some cable channel no one watches. Might as well try option A first!

Net worth is supposed to be 7 million, so I suspect it was more about protecting what he feels like is his, and somebody else making money off it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weams said:

I motivate the heck out of folks.

82728591.gif

I don't know what that's from, but that cracked me up. Mainly because all that guy did was stand up after getting whacked, and the guy who smacked him appeared to just go back to speaking. 

That's a pretty good GIF of the way I used to moderate this board ten years ago! :D 

Now that weams has turned this thread into the GIF/Meme portion of our show, I'd like to get back to the subject.

As much as I'm impressed with the hires of Elias and now Hyde, I'm probably even more optimistic about the future of this franchise because of how the Angelos brothers appear to be doing business. For all the years we've said that we just wanted an owner who will hire a good baseball man and let him run the organization as he see fit, we' apparently finally have that.

As for everyone "rowing the same way," this will be the first time since I've been covering the organization that this is the case. From everything I'm hearing, Elias' circle is very small and it's clear that everyone is on board with how this organization is moving forward. 

It's quite the road ahead, but the fact that everyone is now working in the same directions, without factions, is something that is brand new for this organization and something everyone should be excited about.

Elias still has a lot of hiring to do (Most notably a Scouting Director and Director of Player Development) and I'm sure it doesn't help that some guys he may want are under contract elsewhere, but I hope Elias looks outside the box and brings in unique talent to help rebuild the organization into the model Franchise it was back in the late 60s/70s.

Archived