Could Dave Trembley be making his way back into the organization?

Snutchy

51 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s hard to put the Astros’ record on the bench coach.    He was fired because they were firing Porter.

As to his time with the Orioles, I don’t see much evidence that the mental mistakes you are citing were that prevalent.   The number of outs on the bases was high in 2008 but dropped significantly afterwards and was in the normal range; they went up in Buck’s first full year as manager.   As to a rash of throwing to the wrong base, I don’t remember that.   He had Markakis in RF who almost never made a mental mistake; Jones in CF who made some blunders early but got better with experience; and a variety of guys in LF (Scott, Reimold, Pie) and only Pie was really prone to mental errors.    

I’m not going to say Trembley was a great manager, but mostly he was saddled with bad teams and at times some bad defenders.   My biggest criticism of him is he seemed to tense up when the team got on a losing streak and that carried over to the team and things would snowball.

If I had to vote for worst Orioles manager, Phil Regan would get my vote.   

Thank you for providing some sense into this argument. Trembley is a very good baseball man who can help an organization in many facets. I'd be happy to have him back in the organization if Hyde/Elias wanted him back in some role.

1 hour ago, panick said:

What I remember most about Trembley was how he talked about respecting the game. Then he put Tejada, who had a broken wrist, in the lineup just so Tejada could extend his consecutive game played streak.

I would vote no for Trembley.

That’s the worst you got?   

I remember when Trembley took over he made the team take infield practice on the first day of every road series, to drill some discipline into the team.   He took over a team that was 29-40 and got them playing much better, going 29-25 his first two months on the job.   But then they imploded, 11-28 down the stretch.   Injuries to Bedard and Guthrie had a lot to do with that.

Archived