Teams are asking about Bundy

byrdz

59 minutes ago, atomic said:

There is zero reason to trade Bundy.  He has 3 years of team control left and is cheap.  Someone has to pitch.  I dont see the Orioles getting blown away with an offer.  We got robbed in Gausman deal.  I am sure we would get robbed with Bundy.

If the new coaches can turn him around then he can help our team.  If not we wont get anything of value for him.  

We disagree. He's expensive, been injured and has been ineffective. Get what you can. Like they did for Gausman/O'Day

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, weams said:

We disagree. He's expensive, been injured and has been ineffective. Get what you can. Like they did for Gausman/O'Day

Oof, I would expect someone citing the Gausman deal as reason not to trade Bundy. Want to trade both for prospects who don’t  crack the top 10 of a below average farm system? 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:24 AM, wildcard said:

Its all about what the O's can get in return  for Bundy and /or  Cobb.   

I would think both players are not at their peak value so there is not hurry to the trade them but if someone blows Elias away with an offer either one or both could go at any time.

I feel like Cobb's value is actually about where it should be... Just guessing. 

His first half was an aberration on an otherwise stellar and consistent career. 

I think smart teams will realize he's a great pitcher on a horrible -- HORRIBLE -- defensive team. 

These are fairly smart people, I'm assuming, running baseball teams. Of course, we're just talking conceptually here. We don't have any specifics on a possible return. But I suspect Alex Cobb is viewed as a legit number 2 or 3 starter in the majors, if not a "non-ace" #1. If they don't see him that way, then we'd be selling low, and I'd rather wait. 

On Bundy... I also am confident that Elias will know more about Bundy than anyone trading for him, and that Mike will get a proper return. What a nice feeling, to know our GM knows what he's doing... 

4 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Wrong Kieboom.

Fair enough.  "Servino" is Severino, correct?  Let the Nats cut him because that's all the O's would do with him.

14 minutes ago, weams said:

Who takes his place?

6 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Oof, I would expect someone citing the Gausman deal as reason not to trade Bundy. Want to trade both for prospects who don’t  crack the top 10 of a below average farm system? 

It's not like they were good. And they were no longer cheap,

4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, that's an interesting deal, probably about fair in value if you like Bundy. Cobb having some negative value with his contract. I think the Nationals could probably do a little better for Carter Kieboom and 3/42M than Cobb and Bundy though.

Man I don’t think Cobb has negative value at 3/42. Joe “please come in the game” Kelly just got 3/25 to be an average set up man at best. Kelly has a 4.39 ERA as a reliever. Cobb has a 4.90 ERA as a SP with no ST. 

As boring as it is, we should hang on to Bundy and Cobb till the deadline. Pray they pray they pitch well. Unless we’re going to take all the saved money and put it into Latin America. Then dump them for whatever. 

18 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Gausman wasn’t having a good year but was still quite talented. Selling low on talent isn’t good business. They shouldn’t do it twice. 

I am sure he won’t sell low. SP at a premium right now so prob just seeing what he can get at this point but overall agree.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Man I don’t think Cobb has negative value at 3/42. Joe “please come in the game” Kelly just got 3/25 to be an average set up man at best. Kelly has a 4.39 ERA as a reliever. Cobb has a 4.90 ERA as a SP with no ST. 

As boring as it is, we should hang on to Bundy and Cobb till the deadline. Pray they pray they pitch well. Unless we’re going to take all the saved money and put it into Latin America. Then dump them for whatever. 

Lance Lynn got 3/30 this offseason. He had a 4.77 ERA and much better peripherals than Cobb last year.

Kelly is a guy where the Dodgers are betting on a pitch mix change. He was throwing 4S, Sinker, CH, Slider, Curve in the regular season. In the playoffs, he dropped the sinker and the slider. He increased the CB usage and it seemed to help the 4S play up. He was dominant in the postseason (obviously small sample) but the Dodgers are betting that it wasn't a hot streak, but him finding an effective pitch mix, an underlying change in his profile as a player. They might be right, they might be wrong, I don't know, but that's why he got that contract. 

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think given Bundy's age, service time and former prospect status, I'd give him a few months to try and raise his stock a little bit.

At this point you'd be selling extremely low... what's the harm in waiting to see if he can regain some form before you trade him off?

Money?

Archived