28 of the 30 teams have put Spring Training Tickets on sale

SteveA

The Rays' go on sale Friday.

Only one team in the majors hasn't put them on sale or announced when they will go on sale.

I'm planning a weekend in Florida with some friends where we will visit a whole bunch of craft brewers and restaurants and see a couple preseason games.   One in Bradenton to satisfy the Pirate fan friend (and because one of the best breweries in all of Florida, Darwins, is closer to the ballpark than Pickles is to OPACY).   And one in Sarasota to see the Orioles, for me.   (The Nats fan in the group is out of luck because we are staying at a friend's in Tampa and the Nats only come to the West Coast once all spring and it isn't a good date for our trip).

Anyway, we have plane tickets, tickets to the Pirates game.   Now just waiting on the Orioles to get their act together and put tickets on sale like every other major league team.

I know.  It's really not a big deal.   They'll go on sale at some point and I'll get the tickets.   But that shouldn't get in the way of a good whiny rant.   It's just not a good look for the worst team in baseball to be behind everyone else in ANYTHING they do.   Last to put spring training tickets on sale.   Lack of Wifi at the ballpark (allegedly to be fixed this year).   One of two or three teams that doesn't allow their games to be streamed.   And so on.    The list of things we are the "worst" at used to be longer (international spending, or going back a ways, not having an adequate spring training facility).  

And yet, Sarasota sells out pretty much every game.   Such a beautiful little ballpark and nice town that the team can’t mess it up no matter how hard they try.    Though I do wonder if attendance will be down this year when everyone knows the team will be awful.   

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The Rays' go on sale Friday.

Only one team in the majors hasn't put them on sale or announced when they will go on sale.

I'm planning a weekend in Florida with some friends where we will visit a whole bunch of craft brewers and restaurants and see a couple preseason games.   One in Bradenton to satisfy the Pirate fan friend (and because one of the best breweries in all of Florida, Darwins, is closer to the ballpark than Pickles is to OPACY).   And one in Sarasota to see the Orioles, for me.   (The Nats fan in the group is out of luck because we are staying at a friend's in Tampa and the Nats only come to the West Coast once all spring and it isn't a good date for our trip).

Anyway, we have plane tickets, tickets to the Pirates game.   Now just waiting on the Orioles to get their act together and put tickets on sale like every other major league team.

I know.  It's really not a big deal.   They'll go on sale at some point and I'll get the tickets.   But that shouldn't get in the way of a good whiny rant.   It's just not a good look for the worst team in baseball to be behind everyone else in ANYTHING they do.   Last to put spring training tickets on sale.   Lack of Wifi at the ballpark (allegedly to be fixed this year).   One of two or three teams that doesn't allow their games to be streamed.   And so on.    The list of things we are the "worst" at used to be longer (international spending, or going back a ways, not having an adequate spring training facility).  

Last year they went on sale on January 13th.Have heard tickets will be on sale soon either Friday or Monday.These are the Orioles and are never quick.I know Allegiant Air is now flying from BWI to Bradenton I think only Monday and Friday.I know that most of the $49 fares are gone and heard not a great airline.But many of them are terrible now.

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Last year they went on sale on January 13th.Have heard tickets will be on sale soon either Friday or Monday.These are the Orioles and are never quick.I know Allegiant Air is now flying from BWI to Bradenton I think only Monday and Friday.I know that most of the $49 fares are gone and heard not a great airline.But many of them are terrible now.

I'll be there six weeks next year. 

Just now, Going Underground said:

You are quicker then most Oriole sales and marketing ideas So are you going at all this year?

No. I won't be there this season. I have other plans this year.  Next year will be fun though. I love it there. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Retiring?     Six weeks in Sarasota sounds like heaven.  

That's the thought. I love going to the minor league camp each day. I look forward to seeing the minor league spring games. A bit young, but you never know how long you will feel up to mass travel. 

6 minutes ago, weams said:

That's the thought. I love going to the minor league camp each day. I look forward to seeing the minor league spring games. A bit young, but you never know how long you will feel up to mass travel. 

Just so long as you don’t retire from this job.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Can you count to 80?

Just now, weams said:

Sure.

Then get down there and start grading the players!    But just remember, the way you count to 80 is by starting at 20, for some bizarre reason.  

Archived