Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

16 minutes ago, section18 said:

Wasn't he 6 for 18 before tonight? His average was up to .166?  How does 4 strikeouts happen?  Vision problem? Seriously! I've mentioned this before.  Does he have blurred vision sometimes? It happens to people.

I've wondered this as well. Something just isn't right with him. You just don't fall off as much as he has without there being some outside factor affecting you. Injuries, meds, eyesight? Something is up.

22 minutes ago, section18 said:

Wasn't he 6 for 18 before tonight? His average was up to .166?  How does 4 strikeouts happen?  Vision problem? Seriously! I've mentioned this before.  Does he have blurred vision sometimes? It happens to people.

“Believe it or not, every year in spring training my eyes check out at 20/10, which is two tiers better than what 20/20 is considered perfect. My eyesight is pretty damn good,” Davis said.

Roch - http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/08/chris-davis-on-struggles-false-theories-and-whether-hed-quit.html

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Chris Davis has 63 hits this season. Mullins already has 13. He’s spotting him 50 at the moment. I wonder how close this gets.  We have 36 games left. 

I'm expecting the league to adjust to Mullins.  Let's hope that, unlike Davis, he can adjust back.

Well he was 4 for 4 again last night (four strikeouts that is).  Its really unbelievable that Buck can write his name down in the lineup each day.  If we are truly in rebuild mode come September 1 his butt should be on the pine for the rest of the season and give someone else a chance to strikeout.

1 minute ago, Horsepower said:

Well he was 4 for 4 again last night (four strikeouts that is).  Its really unbelievable that Buck can write his name down in the lineup each day.  If we are truly in rebuild mode come September 1 his butt should be on the pine for the rest of the season and give someone else a chance to strikeout.

Does it really matter if Buck play Davis or not? This season is totally lost.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm expecting the league to adjust to Mullins.  Let's hope that, unlike Davis, he can adjust back.

It's inevitable but I think Mullin's consistently good contact rate and strikeout rate give him a chance to avoid the type of swoon that a Mancini or a Schoop have had

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Does it really matter if Buck play Davis or not? This season is totally lost.

Aside from the fact that it is totally annoying that a MLB player cannot even put the ball in play, yes it matters.  How about giving some of our younger players some experience?

1 minute ago, Horsepower said:

Aside from the fact that it is totally annoying that a MLB player cannot even put the ball in play, yes it matters.  How about giving some of our younger players some experience?

I think they mostly did, looking at the box score.

4 guys were not on OD lineup, and just two AJ and Davis were "old" veterans.

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

Probably been told he has to play him. I  would hope.  Either that or Buck is insane. 

Your hilarious.

You realize that his other options were Peterson or Gentry.

Seriously?

Either of those, would have made that much of a difference in the game?