Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Yeah front-office experience.  Making trades, signing players to contracts, stocking farm system with guys who can help the big club if necessary. Analytics.  Being in charge of the people who do player development and scouting.  She had a better resume clearly. 

Probably why the team is so terrible this year is Elias is learning on the job.  He forgot that the teams needs guys at triple A that can help the team during the year.  

Hard to get a job in MLB as GM if you are a minority or a woman.   

Excuse me, sir.  I'm sorry but your irrationality is showing.

Come on.  Even YOU don't believe that bolded part?  Really?  You think Elias is terrible, because he didn't sign Adam Jones, or didn't sign any 3MM low rent high upside FA.  You don't think he has any ML players to help the team this year!!!  If you believe the bold, why would you believe he forgot that AAA needs players that can help during the year.

If you honestly believe he is that incompetent or even if you believe he is competent but for some reason ownership is forcing incompetence, then by definition there is no hope...at all...AT ALL!

Do I think Elias is perfect?  No, but I have also not watched a GM completely rebuild the Orioles before, so I will admit I don't know the key markers to judge.  But I do know this team is cheaper than last year and is performing at least as well as the team that was going for it last year and kind of the way you describe you would like to see Elias proceed now.   I join you in hating losing.  But we don't have any talent, and what talent we have is gonna have to earn it's way here and those that are here are gonna continue to churn and burn.  Oh, and on the off chance that someone steps forward, they are instantly potential trade bait.  Reconstruction takes time.

But there are perhaps 75 good reasons that the Orioles are terrible this year and another 200 plausible ones.   That Elias is learning on the job....not one of em.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Excuse me, sir.  I'm sorry but your irrationality is showing.

Come on.  Even YOU don't believe that bolded part?  Really?  You think Elias is terrible, because he didn't sign Adam Jones, or didn't sign any 3MM low rent high upside FA.  You don't think he has any ML players to help the team this year!!!  If you believe the bold, why would you believe he forgot that AAA needs players that can help during the year.

If you honestly believe he is that incompetent or even if you believe he is competent but for some reason ownership is forcing incompetence, then by definition there is no hope...at all...AT ALL!

Do I think Elias is perfect?  No, but I have also not watched a GM completely rebuild the Orioles before, so I will admit I don't know the key markers to judge.  But I do know this team is cheaper than last year and is performing at least as well as the team that was going for it last year and kind of the way you describe you would like to see Elias proceed now.   I join you in hating losing.  But we don't have any talent, and what talent we have is gonna have to earn it's way here and those that are here are gonna continue to churn and burn.  Oh, and on the off chance that someone steps forward, they are instantly potential trade bait.  Reconstruction takes time.

But there are perhaps 75 good reasons that the Orioles are terrible this year and another 200 plausible ones.   That Elias is learning on the job....not one of em.

Yeah that is for most of the season we had only 3 guys in rotation who could make it to the fourth inning. You can get guys for league minimum who can at least make it to the fourth inning.  Either incompetence or laziness. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Yeah front-office experience.  Making trades, signing players to contracts, stocking farm system with guys who can help the big club if necessary. Analytics.  Being in charge of the people who do player development and scouting.  She had a better resume clearly. 

Probably why the team is so terrible this year is Elias is learning on the job.  He forgot that the teams needs guys at triple A that can help the team during the year.  

Ohhhhhhh, THAT'S why the team is so terrible this year! Thanks!!

7 hours ago, atomic said:

If front office experience is the qualifier for a GM role then there would be no need to fire Dan Duquette because he had 18 years of it.

• Haha 1