Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, Dipper9 said:

He was booed relentlessly last night. It really makes me sick. I guess fans can blame him for the results on the field, but boos should be for the opponent, not our own team. Earlier in the day Chris and his wife helped sponsor the Casey Cares walk, and a few hours later he’s booed off the field? It’s disgusting behavior from the home fans and I would like to think we’re above that! 

Maybe they were saying "Boo-urns."

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

What was the crowd response to him striking out and GIDPing tonight? 

I'm wondering if the OPACY crowd has been booing him like crazy lately. I haven't heard either way.

Very audible booing, but by a minority of the crowd.  

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

He was booed relentlessly last night. It really makes me sick. I guess fans can blame him for the results on the field, but boos should be for the opponent, not our own team. Earlier in the day Chris and his wife helped sponsor the Casey Cares walk, and a few hours later he’s booed off the field? It’s disgusting behavior from the home fans and I would like to think we’re above that! 

I often wonder what that means. Does he just lend his name to the event. Does he donate a certain amount. How much time does he invest? Probably his wife gave a great deal of effort but I doubt Chris did anything. At any rate it doesn't make up for basically stealing 161 million dollars from the local economy. If I was crazy enough to actually go to an O's game I would boo him with all I've got.

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I often wonder what that means. Does he just lend his name to the event. Does he donate a certain amount. How much time does he invest? Probably his wife gave a great deal of effort but I doubt Chris did anything. At any rate it doesn't make up for basically stealing 161 million dollars from the local economy. If I was crazy enough to actually go to an O's game I would boo him with all I've got.

My sense is Davis has been very good with the charitable causes, long before he signed the big contract.    I won’t boo any Oriole who I feel is giving an honest effort, and for me that includes Davis.   

25 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I have never booed at Oriole. Ive cursed them (to myself silently) when they've failed in a situation...but never booed them.First, its counterproductive..the player doesn't improve. It gives a release to the "boo-er" , but its also a negative vibe that can negatively impact an entire team. I know how bad he's been, and I wanted to sign him...but now I realize he's really crushed(sorry for the pun) this teams offense...but he's not the only one .

Well I like to think it as giving a message to the FO that this player is not a fan favorite and needs to be moved (DFA'd), it is a protest of the organization not a personal attack on the player. That's how I view it anyhow

The boos are only going to get louder for Chris Davis until the FO has the macho to take care of the situation.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

My sense is Davis has been very good with the charitable causes, long before he signed the big contract.    I won’t boo any Oriole who I feel is giving an honest effort, and for me that includes Davis.   

He lied about how much he worked with Coolbaugh in the off-season.

6 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

I remember getting angry last year when Os fans were booing Ubaldo Jimenez for the past 4 years.  I always said that when your own players are struggling, that's when they need your support more than ever. Not being booed off the field by their own fans.

I haven't been to an Orioles game this year, so I haven't witnessed home fans booing Chris Davis. But fans should show him a bit of love. I don't believe that he's waking up each morning, telling himself, "I've got my zillions so it doesn't matter if I play crappy today."  He's struggling so he needs our support.

Speaking of Ubaldo,  I noticed that he's still unemployed.  Has he retired or is he still looking for a job? Just curious.

7 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

Families can be nasty to each other in private.  But in public, you don't do that when others are listening.  "Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking."

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

I remember getting angry last year when Os fans were booing Ubaldo Jimenez for the past 4 years.  I always said that when your own players are struggling, that's when they need your support more than ever. Not being booed off the field by their own fans.

I haven't been to an Orioles game this year, so I haven't witnessed home fans booing Chris Davis. But fans should show him a bit of love. I don't believe that he's waking up each morning, telling himself, "I've got my zillions so it doesn't matter if I play crappy today."  He's struggling so he needs our supporf."  

Speaking of Ubaldo,  I noticed that he's still unemployed.  Has he retired or is he still looking for a job? Just curious.

I wouldn't boo a player, any player.  But the fans are paying and if they want to boo, it's their right.

I never blame the player that signed the bad contract.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't boo a player, any player.  But the fans are paying and if they want to boo, it's their right.

I never blame the player that signed the bad contract.

No disrespect but man I hate that argument. Yes, the fan has a right to boo. But how does that help the team? The fan also has the right to sit there on their phone and not watch a single out, but again, so what?

2 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

No disrespect but man I hate that argument. Yes, the fan has a right to boo. But how does that help the team? The fan also has the right to sit there on their phone and not watch a single out, but again, so what?

I don't think it's the fans responsibility to help the team.

You paid do what you like as long as it is within the realm of acceptable conduct.

If the only reason you bought a ticket was to boo Davis go be you.