Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

This must have been an interesting conversation.  ?

“If you’ll slip him a few more million, I’ll try to get him to take some batting practice this winter even though that’s not in his contract.”

18 hours ago, bpilktree said:

My guess is Elias showed Boras some analytical numbers that prove in fact when you leave the bat on your shoulder and do not swing, you do in fact have a 0% chance to actually get a base hit.   

I don't think Daniel Cabrera* ever swung the bat, and he got two walks in 32 MLB plate appearances.  That's 40 walks in a full season.  Not that many fewer times on base than Davis...

* Cabrera's professional batting numbers: 1-for-99, 8 BB, 10 SH, 1 HBP, 90 K.  His one hit came with the Chunichi Dragons in Japan.  My theory is that he was sacrificing and someone fell down.

18 hours ago, 24fps said:

I wonder if Elias/Mejdal have had the time to do anything beyond acknowledging that Davis needs to be fixed.  I would be surprised if they have.  Maybe make it a Brady/Boras problem.  Yeah, I'd pay to see that. 

Anyone asked if he's talked to Adam Dunn about how he bounced back from 2011?  Unfortunately George Scott is dead, so it's hard for him to offer advice about '68.  Those are probably the two best comps.

44 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Anyone asked if he's talked to Adam Dunn about how he bounced back from 2011?  Unfortunately George Scott is dead, so it's hard for him to offer advice about '68.  Those are probably the two best comps.

Just wrap yourself in the flag and all will be well!

2007-309x316.jpg

47 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Tell us you didn't just pull that from memory, crazy if so.  Was interesting to look up both.  Scott had to be injury at 24 years old, but Dunn....wow, that is eerily similar for a bad year and similar age.   Would be awesome if Davis produced anywhere near Dunn's 2012.   Or his 2013 or 2014 for that matter. 

1 hour ago, murph said:

Tell us you didn't just pull that from memory, crazy if so.  Was interesting to look up both.  Scott had to be injury at 24 years old, but Dunn....wow, that is eerily similar for a bad year and similar age.   Would be awesome if Davis produced anywhere near Dunn's 2012.   Or his 2013 or 2014 for that matter. 

Doesn't eveyone have a list of the worst seasons of all time on ready standby?  Jackie Gutierrez, 1984.  Ray Oyler, '68.  Butch Hobson's glove, '78.  Bill Bergen, every year.  The guy who pitched the Ty Cobb strike game (Allan Travers - had to look it up).  Brian Matusz, '11.

Archived