Birds Chatter (Web show): Orioles Spring Training Preview

Tony-OH

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2019/02/16/birds-chatter-spring-training-preview/

Again, please give us some feedback and yes, constructive criticism is fine as well. Do you guys like these? Are they worth our time to produce? Would you want them more often with less production value (something like a splitscreen web cam thing) or do you like this format? 

Hope you guys enjoy and please share or like this on social media (Twitter/Facebook) if you enjoyed our effort.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:21 AM, Tony-OH said:

Again, please give us some feedback and yes, constructive criticism is fine as well. Do you guys like these? Are they worth our time to produce? Would you want them more often with less production value (something like a splitscreen web cam thing) or do you like this format? 

Hope you guys enjoy and please share or like this on social media (Twitter/Facebook) if you enjoyed our effort.

Tony,  Love these chats.    You look much more comfortable sitting instead of standing.  I think Terry and you play off of each other very well.  The two of you are much more interesting then the skype chats that you did before. I think being current is going to be important going forward.   Not being current on Karns, Kremer's injury, Trumbo seems more likely to begin the season with the O's than a week ago and that the O's have said that they will keep as many pitchers starters as they can for now makes the chat feel a little dated.   If there is a way to do the chat and make them more current that would be even better than they are now.

Few content comments:

1) I agree with 90% of what you said.

2) I liked your point above Perez and Sucre being Elias guys.   Who knows whether Sucre makes it to ST and when but I think you are right the Perez gets a little edge in the competition because Elias brought him in.

3) Bundy - Anyone is tradable for the right offer.  But ideally I don't see Bundy being traded unless they are blown away in a trade in July.   Cobb and Cashner, yes.  Bundy they need someone to pitch the rest of the season. Trading three starters is a little much at one trade deadline.  Bundy can be traded over the winter or next July.

4) Analytics is the current buzz.  Cameras everywhere.  Just didn't come across as strongly as I thought it could have.

5) Agree on Hays, Diaz and McKenna not starting their clocks early in the season.

6) JMO but Kline may win a spot in the pen in ST.  He is 27 , talented and finally healthy.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Love these videos, Tony. Keep them coming.

Love these chats.  Already looking forward to the next one.  Agree with the comment above about a weekly update.

Great info, great chemistry.  Love the fact that you guys are local and know the players better than some of the national media.

From a marketing standpoint, give yourselves some credit.  I know Terry mentions 105.7 and Orioleshangout.com several times but how about getting rid of the plain (sahara desert) background and put up some type of wall, curtain, banner behind you that gives the youtube viewer direction to the website

Great job.  Thanks! 

I really enjoy the rapport between you and Terry Ford.   The chemistry is very good.    

I think having the higher  production value versus your previous webcam chats is better.   And having interaction with a co-host keeps it more lively.    Not that I didn’t like the old webcam chats, because I did, but this format is very nice.  

No real argument on the substance of anything discussed in the show.    I hope you’ll get a chance to do another one before the end of spring training and before final roster cuts as we see how the camp battles play out.   

A couple of technical points...

It's good that you have separate mics, but they should both be centered.  Right now one's on the left and the other on the right and it's a little off-putting.  Levels are matched and that's good, though.  It's remarkable how many podcasts out there don't even bother to do that much.

I understand why the backdrop is orange, but the one you're using is too close to your natural skin tones.  Both of you appear slightly to be disappearing into it.  It also looks like there is a color cast coming off it which may or may not be the case.

The camera is always wide or on the person talking.  Periodic reaction shots will make the program a lot more visually interesting.  A lot.  It will also reinforce the natural rapport between the two of you.

You both look great on camera - very natural, relaxed and informed.  That's 98% of it right there.  I look forward to watching more of them.

41 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I like them. Very informative. You have to do something about the background. My wife even commented on it as she walked by, lol.

Funny, I didn’t notice it at all.    I guess I’m just more focused on the substance.  

We appreciate all the comments including the constructive criticism on the production. I'd like to do more of these, but it takes time from the production standpoint which is why we were looking at doing these about once a month. 

Me may be able to add in some webcam type of stuff between episodes if there is a good response to these videos. 

Terry and I enjoy doing these and we are open to ideas on how to improve.

Archived