Where I think the O's roster is right now

wildcard

#Orioles have optioned RHP Dillon Tate to Double-A Bowie. LHP Luis Ortiz and OF DJ Stewart have been optioned to to Triple-A Norfolk. C Martin Cervenka, OF Yusniel Diaz, LHP Sean Gilmartin, and RHP Bo Schultz have been reassigned to minor league camp

via Sara Perlman.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

#Orioles have optioned RHP Dillon Tate to Double-A Bowie. LHP Luis Ortiz and OF DJ Stewart have been optioned to to Triple-A Norfolk. C Martin Cervenka, OF Yusniel Diaz, LHP Sean Gilmartin, and RHP Bo Schultz have been reassigned to minor league camp

via Sara Perlman.

Stewart getting sent down already is interesting.  The rest is expected.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Stewart getting sent down already is interesting.  The rest is expected.

I think Hays is the starting RF. 

Perhaps Stewart gets a chance later on. I was hoping for a 2/3 month trial for him.  

10 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Yup. Good sign for Santander. Maybe Hays too.

I wonder if Santander is tied to Trumbo.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

I think Hays is the starting RF. 

Perhaps Stewart gets a chance later on. I was hoping for a 2/3 month trial for him.  

I wonder if Santander is tied to Trumbo.  

I think it is a very bad sign for Stewart's future in Baltimore that he isn't getting his shot now.  He is in danger of getting passed by Hays and Diaz.  If McKenna comes out of the gate strong that is even a possibility.

23 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

via Sara Perlman.

Big surprise.  I thought DJ was very likely to get a 25 man spot. Looking now like Santander or Hays will make the team, potentially both if Trumbo starts on the DL. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it is a very bad sign for Stewart's future in Baltimore that he isn't getting his shot now.  He is in danger of getting passed by Hays and Diaz.  If McKenna comes out of the gate strong that is even a possibility.

Exactly what I was saying earlier.

This to me was his shot. Best thing for him would be an injury and or Davis/Trumbo gone would free up some spots. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Big surprise.  I thought DJ was very likely to get a 25 man spot. Looking now like Santander or Hays will make the team, potentially both if Trumbo starts on the DL. 

I don’t get Santander over Stewart as a direct competition. Of course this is a whole new regime. Not saying Stewart is anything special . Just have him ahead of Santander is opportunity order.

Why I think it will be Hays. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

I don’t get Santander over Stewart as a direct competition. Of course this is a whole new regime.

Why I think it will be Hays. 

With both Davis and Trumbo iffy for opening day the door isn't entirely closed for Stewart, but I have to think if he squeaks in via injury he won't get many at bats.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

With both Davis and Trumbo iffy for opening day the door isn't entirely closed for Stewart, but I have to think if he squeaks in via injury he won't get many at bats.

Yeah. Was thinking later on in summer for him at this point. 

What would be point of Hays or another young guy playing unless they get a long look? 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. Was thinking later on in summer for him at this point. 

What would be point of Hays or another young guy playing unless they get a long look? 

At that point you could promote Diaz.

I think Stewart's best shot for at bats right now is for Mullins to play like he did last year.

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He was called up in 2017.

As a September call-up.  I think you're being deliberately obtuse to imply that that would representas the first "partial year" of the typical ~6+ year service clock.  I'm honestly starting to think you want Hays up to prove a point re: service time manipulation. I don't think it's crazy to suggest that a guy who OPS'd .703 at Bowie last season should start in the minors this season and come up later.  

Archived