TT: Development is key in 3rd round of cuts

Tony-OH

28 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I have to admit though that even though I know he's lying I really thought he handled the service time question well by saying it was "ZERO" about that.  I really wanted to believe him, and that's a credit to his delivery and interview skills.  If I didn't know better I would definitely have accepted that answer.

Lol, he's a liar, but he's a good liar.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

The cuts were mildly surprising, considering what was said by management about competing for a job, etc... But the cuts made sense for development and service time reasons. I am disappointed as we arrived here in Sarasota Saturday, and was hoping to catch Hays and Santander. 

I would not bet on Sisco making the OD roster. He may, but if Wynns is healthy, I believe it is he and Sucre. Sisco ambushed some fastballs early in Spring, and the defense looks improved, but let’s keep his development going in AAA. He has many things to work on. If you’re sending down Hays, then you’ll likely send down Sisco if other options exist. 

You can see Hays and Santander all you want.  Just go across town to he minor league camp.  I do that when I am in Sarasota.

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

Look, folks are going to have to start being ok with this hardline kind of stuff. This is what we signed up for when we asked for an organization that does it like Houston. Welcome to a real stone cold rebuild y'all. 

I'm loving it. 

Here here!

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

But does the quality of that experience qualify him to be a big leauger? I say probably not, because he just hasn't hit and that's supposed to be his best tool. But I also agree Cossins/Long helping him at the big league level would be good. 

Fair enough re: Mullins. 

He has a > league average line in AAA as a young catcher, I'd love for him to have raked at AAA, but he held his own for sure. 

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You can see Hays and Santander all you want.  Just go across town to he minor league camp.  I do that when I am in Sarasota.

LOL...We have no time this trip. Full schedule for the five days we’re here. Today is the only free day, and if I try to take away our only beach day, well, I may need to come live with one of you. 

3 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

LOL...We have no time this trip. Full schedule for the five days we’re here. Today is the only free day, and if I try to take away our only beach day, well, I may need to come live with one of you. 

There are priorities.  Been there, done that.

11 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He has a > league average line in AAA as a young catcher, I'd love for him to have raked at AAA, but he held his own for sure. 

His 2017 numbers at AAA are definitely more what you want to see. 2018 was a lost year, IMO, and it seems like the guys with lost years they are choosing to get back on track in the minors. But we'll see. I would love for him to be a decent major leaguer.

16 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I have to wonder if Ynoa and his injury issue last season and not being on the 40 played a factor in him going for some MiLB time. 

That, or he was sent out now and will come back if someone is on the IL to start the season (Karns or another pitcher.)

Not sure the hate on Wright. Hasn't he been more effective than Cobb, Cashner, and Bundy so far?

No hate per se, I just don't see anything different about his stuff and mannerisms that make me think he's going to suddenly have success.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

No hate per se, I just don't see anything different about his stuff and mannerisms that make me think he's going to suddenly have success.

I kind of like Ynoa.    Good demeanor on the mound, decent command, mixes his pitches well.  Personally I’d prefer him over Wright.    But it’s OK with me to make him go to AAA and try to knock down the door.   

Just now, Frobby said:

I kind of like Ynoa.    Good demeanor on the mound, decent command, mixes his pitches well.  Personally I’d prefer him over Wright.    But it’s OK with me to make him go to AAA and try to knock down the door.   

I tend to think the Ynoa decision is simply about the 40-man, in light of recent Elias comments. They are delaying decisions and keeping assets. I don't know if they feel like they enough of a read on Ynoa yet to justify DFAing someone at this point.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Put it this way, if Sisco is sent down, it won’t be for service time reasons.  However, he has cooled off considerably after his hot first week, and it’s been noticeable that he hasn’t been playing as often as the regular catcher normally would in the spring.    So, I don’t consider him a shoe-in.    The fact that he’s already on the 40-man roster is a huge point in his favor.

The fact that he is the only healthy catcher on the 40 man roster is a huger point in his favor.

The fact that Sig said we’re basically an expansion team should shine a lot of light on any moves. 

Our goal is to lose enough to get the 2020 #1 pick, play the long game with our prospects, and pray that we have enough positive individual performances to have Selloff 2.0. 

The fact that Sig said we’re basically an expansion team should shine a lot of light on any moves. 

Our goal is to lose enough to get the 2020 #1 pick, play the long game with our prospects, and pray that we have enough positive individual performances to have Selloff 2.0. 

Archived