3/30 ........ BEAT THE YANKEES !!!

OFFNY

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Philip said:

Was that a successful day for Nate Karns? Seriously. I’m listening and not watching so except for throwing a lot of pitches, I’m not sure how he did.

I think the ump really squeezed him in judges first at bat looked like he struck him out twice but walked him instead, it might of rattled him a little because after after that he was rather erratic.

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Everything was low. Out of the zone. FB and breaking stuff. Either release point or he was afraid to throw it in the zone. Velo was good. 94. If he's healthy tomorrow it's a great outing.

Did he look as if he could have gone another inning or two? I know he walked a lot of guys, but I don’t know whether that was control problems or because he really didn’t want to miss down the middle of the plate

Just now, Philip said:

Did he look as if he could have gone another inning or two? I know he walked a lot of guys, but I don’t know whether that was control problems or because he really didn’t want to miss down the middle of the plate

He threw quite a few pitches and hadn't gone more than 2 innings in the spring.   His spring training was limited.   I think there was no way he was ever going to more than 2 unless he had a couple of 10 pitch clean innings.

He's still in the process of building up to more innings.

Just now, scOtt said:

eBay is your friend?

Oh yeah, that's an option too.

I was figuring that I could find a kid I could overpower at the game and take it from him.   But with my arthritic knees I'm not sure I could outrun any kid so that might not be the best plan.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Reading all that stuff I did this morning about his surgery? I think not overworking him rates even above a MLB game. He's scheduled for two innings and if he throws 15 pitches in those two he is still done. JMO but I think that's Hyde's and the club's thinking. Baby him so he lasts ALL year. :noidea:

Archived