3/30 ........ BEAT THE YANKEES !!!

OFFNY

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, scOtt said:

10 or 15 teams with empty stadiums disagree.

I’m not sure what that means. Only 15 stadiums can be in use at any one time, and every stadium is going to get a full complement of games. But I’d rather play in Texas in April and Minnesota in July than the other way around.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• His Dad is a big boy and obvious lifter.  Some guys are naturally good squatters.  That’s an impressive number for Holliday, but who knows exactly how legit the actual squat is.  You can find high school kids at nearly every high school about his size with similar squat numbers.  Granted, they will be some of the strongest pound for pound kids, but it’s not a crazy number. 
    • Fair point, but these outliers are squatting like 40% more than Holliday is.  There are likely plenty of guys in the NCAA that can hit Holliday's numbers, and are in his age range.   There were like 50+ guys at this year's combine with a 10 yard split of 1.5 or better or 40 times of 4.5 or better, and 1rm squat correlates with both 10 yard split and 40 time, such that if you hit those numbers in 10 or 40, then your mean 1rm squat would be predicted to be about 2.5x body weight, which would be right around 500 lbs for a 200 lb guy.  If you want to call NFL caliber college guys outliers, I guess?  But Holliday is an MLB caliber guy, so he still fits.   Elite athletes just aren't normal, man.
    • The fact that they put this on the 1991 Donruss, perhaps the ultimate peak of the junk wax era, makes this even funnier to me.  If toilet paper ever shot up in price I wouldn't care because I've got heaps of '91 Donruss floating around. This is very true, which makes me thinks he'll get claimed somewhere else.
    • It's like the ghost of Chris Davis found him and has taken over his body.   I know bat speed isn't everything, but with the bat speed info that dropped, I took a look.  His average is 70.9 which isn't terribly slow, it's actually pretty average.   For whatever reason, he just can't square anything up.  I hope he fixes it but it's really tough to watch right now.
    • Just a few years ago this was the type of guy we would of claimed.  
    • I believe that the bad umpiring in the major leagues is one of the reason s why the jump from AAA to the majors gap seems larger than ever.
    • I agree there are some.  Saquon was power cleaning 400 back at PSU.  I just disagree with the phrasing of regularly. I'm big into Olympic weightlifting where squat numbers are followed closely and I know the time and effort required to put 4 plates on each side of a bar.      
  • Popular Contributors