Extend Mike Wright?

Rene88

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

Does Wright have “something” on high level people in this organization?  Do people actually fear Arrieta 2.0?  There can’t possibly be any other reason for keeping him at this point.  He can’t get major league hitters out.  He has been awful every year and he is 29.  It is okaaaaaaay to give up on a player. 

I have a feeling that Elias may have taken the job under the pretenses that a few select folks in the organization are untouchable. 

2 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

I have a feeling that Elias may have taken the job under the pretenses that a few select folks in the organization are untouchable. 

I don't believe that. I believe that 85 million dollars is an ownership level decision. 

21 hours ago, milbest77 said:

I don't think so.  I think this is a new regime seeing if they think they can rehabilitate him - - - doing their due diligence.  That might have been a "pretense" or "mandate" by ownership.  There have been rumblings that "some" worry about him being DFA'd or bought out and then going to the Yanks or Boston and putting it back together.  Seems reasonable.

Yet it seems there's trust between this new group.  Who knows, really?  But I would think the conversation was, "We spent a lot of money on this guy.  If he's a lost cause, so be it, but let's give it an honest go to make sure.  We'll trust your judgement."  Hopefully it went that way, anyway.

Davis seems done.  Listen, I was for him being released before they ever hired a new GM just for the fresh start aspect..  I still think that his first move as GM should have been to send CD packing, but I'm not in charge.  Time is coming tho...  Admittedly, there is always that worry that the ownership will continue to proceed in it's meddling as it has in the past.

13 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

I don't think so.  I think this is a new regime seeing if they think they can rehabilitate him - - - doing their due diligence.  That might have been a "pretense" or "mandate" by ownership.  There have been rumblings that "some" worry about him being DFA'd or bought out and then going to the Yanks or Boston and putting it back together.  Seems reasonable.

Yet it seems there's trust between this new group.  Who knows, really?  But I would think the conversation was, "We spent a lot of money on this guy.  If he's a lost cause, so be it, but let's give it an honest go to make sure.  We'll trust your judgement."  Hopefully it went that way, anyway.

Davis seems done.  Listen, I was for him being released before they ever hired a new GM just for the fresh start aspect..  I still think that his first move as GM should have been to send CD packing, but I'm not in charge.  Time is coming tho...  Admittedly, there is always that worry that the ownership will continue to proceed in it's meddling as it has in the past.

If ownership is meddling with guys like Wright Elias needs to pack it up and leave town.

He won't be able to succeed here.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If ownership is meddling with guys like Wright Elias needs to pack it up and leave town.

He won't be able to succeed here.

There is no way on earth Mike Wright ever becomes even remotely Matt Albers. 

Archived