Dan Straily 2019

interloper

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Number5 said:

I'm guessing that they have decided that they need another outfielder and weren't going to keep Jackson anyway.  With Nunez and Alberto backing up in the infield, I think they just felt more comfortable going forward with a true 4th outfielder, rather than Jackson.

Thanks for the info. 

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

How long since he last pitched for the Marlins? He should need at least a few sim games, don't you think?

Not unless he gets to go for extended spring training. Into the fire. Stretch out there. 

14 minutes ago, LTO's said:

This is a move made specifically because they are short on arms to eat innings and you're surprised they didn't DFA a pitcher?

They signed Dan Straley for apparently $575,000, so the relative cost is essentially league minimum. Would you rather have Straley and Jackson for league minimum or Straley and Wright for league minimum?

And remember, Wright is terrible.

According to the logic implied by your question, you are saying that Wright is a better and more effective inning-eater than anybody we have on the farm.

I strongly disagree. Switching Straily for Wright improves the team even if Straily isn’t immediately available.

23 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm guessing that they have decided that they need another outfielder and weren't going to keep Jackson anyway.  With Nunez and Alberto backing up in the infield, I think they just felt more comfortable going forward with a true 4th outfielder, rather than Jackson.

Who are our outfielders now? Rickard, Mullins, Smith, and....Mancini???

ummmmmmno

Just now, Philip said:

ummmmmmno

You got it. After a few years of watching Schwarber in LF, I guess Hyde figures Mancini can hold down RF until he's traded.

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

ummmmmmno

Somebody posted in another thread within the last couple of days that Diaz can be called up after April 12 to gain a year of service time.  I have no idea if that is accurate but, if so, I could see the Orioles going with 13 pitchers until then and bring up Diaz at that point.  Just a thought, but I'd really like to see them give Diaz a shot.

47 minutes ago, weams said:

Here is the money. Just a minimum deal with a  kicker if he is worth trading. 

NOT the 5 million the Marlins were gonna be on the hook for. 

They are still on the hook for it, right?

Archived