Aruajuo stays for International Money

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It is just insane how many teams are interested in this useless international money.  I figured they would be smarter.

How much was it this time?  250K?  500k?

I am guessing they didnt want Pedro back.  

8 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Glad to hear it. We weren't able to spend it all anyway. Hopefully next year they will spend all of their allotment, but for now these trades don't bother me.

Yep, all of these other teams can spend the O's slots but somehow the O's aren't able to.

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, all of these other teams can spend the O's slots but somehow the O's aren't able to.

The Orioles still have more money than most other teams. I am interested to see whether all of the slot money the Orioles traded ultimately gets spent.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why else trade for it if you don't have a avenue to spend it?

Would be foolish.

At this point in the cycle, I'm not sure it is more valuable than "future considerations", with the ability to trade slot money, no reason not to ask for it instead of "future considerations".

Just now, MurphDogg said:

At this point in the cycle, I'm not sure it is more valuable than "future considerations", with the ability to trade slot money, no reason not to ask for it instead of "future considerations".

If it were me I'd ask for cash.

Cash is always useful.

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I really have no idea how you can say the O's aren't spending their slots. It's blatantly false. They have too much of it to spend all of it, but they are spending it. The Cubs probably either didn't have any interest in having Arajuo back or just didn't have any room in their system after filling out their rosters and got something of a symbolic return on someone that is technically still their asset.

Just now, LTO's said:

I really have no idea how you can say the O's aren't spending their slots. It's blatantly false. They have too much of it to spend all of it, but they are spending it. The Cubs probably either didn't have any interest in having Arajuo back or just didn't have any room in their system after filling out their rosters and got something of a symbolic return on someone that is technically still their asset.

I'm saying that they are not spending every slot they trade away.

If they sent the Cubs 250K in slots, that's 250K they aren't spending.

If other teams keep trading for it obviously the O's are not buying up all the remaining talent.

We might not ever know exactly how much they have traded away and how much is left unspent.

I will say they haven't spent big on anyone despite the opportunity.

Archived