What other records will this team set

atomic

Now that Chris Davis has started the record setting, I thought what other records can this years team set.  

1103 is the AL record for runs allowed in a season.  Right now we are on a pace for 1060.  I think this one is within reach as it doesn't look like the calvary is coming.   What other records do you think are possible. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, atomic said:

Now that Chris Davis has started the record setting, I thought what other records can this years team set.  

1103 is the AL record for runs allowed in a season.  Right now we are on a pace for 1060.  I think this one is within reach as it doesn't look like the calvary is coming.   What other records do you think are possible. 

If Bundy were to get to 200 IP (which he won't) he will break the single season HRs allowed record of 50

"On pace" things are dumb the first half of April. This time yesterday we were only on pace to allow 944 runs. This time Sunday we were on pace to allow 810, way less than last year. So much can change in a couple games this time of year.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we challenge the team HR allowed record of 258. I don't really see that stopping throughout the year.

47 minutes ago, makoman said:

"On pace" things are dumb the first half of April. This time yesterday we were only on pace to allow 944 runs. This time Sunday we were on pace to allow 810, way less than last year. So much can change in a couple games this time of year.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we challenge the team HR allowed record of 258. I don't really see that stopping throughout the year.

Yeah I think the runs allowed per game is only going to go up so the current pace isn't not legit.  I think they have been lucky so far. I see them shattering the runs allowed record. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Does it?    Who knows.    This 19-game stretch that still has 15 days to go will reveal a lot.    

Defense looks better, energy looks better.

Granted these are small (well, the defense isn't) things but this is a team that has a little bit of speed and isn't the lumbering, boom or bust team that was last years group.  A more well rounded approach.  

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Defense looks better, energy looks better.

Granted these are small (well, the defense isn't) things but this is a team that has a little bit of speed and isn't the lumbering, boom or bust team that was last years group.  A more well rounded approach.  

I think this year’s squad will hustle their way into some wins whereas last year’s team wasn’t going to do that.  

Runs allowed the past 5 years
593-693-715-841-892
Breaking the A.L. record would be double the runs allowed only 5 years ago.   

I've said before that it's way too early to project out what the final numbers will be.   For example, in 2018, the Orioles hit 15 triples, and projecting that number out will mean 59 triples this year.   That pales in comparison to the 1894 N.L. Orioles (153).  Who could forget the unfortunately named Heinie Reinz who hit 36 triples that season?

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think this year’s squad will hustle their way into some wins whereas last year’s team wasn’t going to do that.  

Mancini hitting is pretty huge. Villar too. DH is not a lost cause with Nunez. Smith. 

I can’t see anyway you say this team looks better then last years team at this point in the season.  Last years team didn’t perform no doubt but to say this team looks better is ridiculous.  Last years team had Schoop coming off a career year had Machado seen as one of the best players in the game,  Jones who was still a top level talent comming into this year.  They had the same top 3 pitchers and Kevin Gausman in the rotation instead of Karns Hess or whoever is number 4.  Both pull pens had Givens Bleier and Castro. However last year they  had a pen with Britton, Oday, and Beach instead of Wright, Means and Yocobonis. Now this team may not pack it in like last years but the talent is nothing like last years.

Archived