What other records will this team set

atomic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

@atomic when this team gets good you're not allowed to enjoy it.

Why not?  Being realistic of the situation is wrong?   I don't really get it.  Everyone says we should be bad to get a bunch of first overalls.  They are getting what they wanted.  

Also we are 5-8.  Same as last year.  Last years team did fire off a 7 game losing streak at this point so it will be hard to keep pace in the short term. 

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

@atomic When this team gets good, you're not allowed to enjoy it.

o

Sure, he does.

He just won't be looked upon in the same light as a lot of other die-hard Oriole fans, who have visual/empirical proof that they vehemently and spiritedly supported the team when they were in last place.

At Fenway Park

o

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Sure, he does.

He just won't be looked upon in the same light as some other die-hard Oriole fans, who have visual/empirical proof that they vehemently and spiritedly supported the team when they were in last place.

At Fenway Park

o

What are you talking about I went to the game on Sunday and wore my Orioles  jersey. Have watched most of the games.  How many of the posters criticizing me even have been to a game yet.  I would have gone to more but I have a young child who really isn't interested in baseball. 

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am not sure why anyone thinks this isn't going to be a terrible team.  

Anyway you slice it this is not a good ball club. 

Agree that this is not a good team.

What I still simply cannot understand is why you continue to make things up, particularly when it comes to misrepresenting the posts of other people.  We have all been saying this will be a terrible team for literally MONTHS.   Stop inventing different realities.   

This is what we are in for for at least the next 2 or 3 years..........are you planning on whining and complaining the entire time?

22 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't really get it.

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I know you don't. It's OK.

o

I think that he gets it.

He may act like he doesn't get it, but he does.

o

4 minutes ago, Aglets said:

What I still simply cannot understand is why you continue to make things up, particularly when it comes to misrepresenting the posts of other people.  We have all been saying this will be a terrible team for literally MONTHS.   Stop inventing different realities.   

This is what we are in for for at least the next 2 or 3 years..........are you planning on whining and complaining the entire time?

I haven't whined or complained in this thread. 

The Orioles set the franchise record for consecutive games with a home run allowed to start the season, inflating their total to 13 with Davis’ two-run shot in the fourth that gave Oakland a 2-1 lead. The major league record is 16, set by the 2009 Phillies, according to STATS.

14 minutes ago, Aglets said:

What I still simply cannot understand is why you continue to make things up, particularly when it comes to misrepresenting the posts of other people. We have all been saying this will be a terrible team for literally MONTHS. Stop inventing different realities.  

This is what we are in for for at least the next 2 or 3 years .......... are you planning on whining and complaining the entire time?

o

Yes.

This is the first time since the 2009 season that I didn't seriously believe that this team would have winning record (I may have voted for a winning record in Tony S's thread, but that was more of a wish/prayer than a serious assessment.)

Prior to the 2009 season, I expected one final losing season ........ and then I thought that we would have a winning season in 2010, and contend for a Pennant in 2011. I was off by one year in terms of contending for a Pennant, and I was off by 2 years in terms of attaining a winning record.

o

Chris Davis passed Tony Bernazard for the major league record for most consecutive plate appearances without a hit at 58. His line drive to center field in the second inning was run down by Ramón Laureano, who jumped on the warning track to secure the final out.

54 minutes ago, atomic said:

What are you talking about I went to the game on Sunday and wore my Orioles  jersey. Have watched most of the games. How many of the posters criticizing me even have been to a game yet. I would have gone to more but I have a young child who really isn't interested in baseball. 

o

Attending games does not mitigate the obvious agenda of your posts, recognized by almost everyone on the OH.

There are probably posters here who don't attend any games for any number of reasons, but they probably give more objective and rational observations than do you ........ and that was the gist of Moose Milligan's (and mine) tongue-in-cheek, half-serious/half-kidding quips.

o

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Attending games does not mitigate the obvious agenda of your posts, recognized by almost everyone on the OH.

There are probably posters here who don't attend any games for any number of reasons, but they probably give more objective and rational observations than do you ........ and that was the gist of Moose Milligan's (and mine) tongue-in-cheek, half-serious/half-kidding quips.

o

Agenda? I just want the team to be better. Obvious at this point that this season is lost already.  I go to the games and watch them and would enjoy them more if there were more major league quality players.  I don't boo Chris Davis or any of the other players.  And hope they all do well.  Just it isn't very likely.  When the team is filled with DFA's, Rule 5's and guys no other team was willing to trade for. 

On 4/10/2019 at 12:56 PM, makoman said:

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we challenge the team HR allowed record of 258. I don't really see that stopping throughout the year.

Currently on pace to allow 461 home runs.  Ouch!

Archived