Baseball America article about O's past/future international effort

interloper

7 hours ago, bobmc said:

An MLB podcast about the International Draft.  Joe Trezza says we got scouts all around in that area where *@Can of Corn used to survive/know peeps.  Joe quotes source as saying, "I have seen more #Orioles scouts at international events over the last two months than I've seen in a decade."  It's a 40 minute piece and we need @OFFNY to transcribe ?.  Buscones anyone?  Dinero under the mesa?  Our own @Greg Pappas says that O's are discussed at the 12:30 mark.  If this is posted elsewhere, please delete my hijack:

From MLB.com reporter Jesse Sanchez as he joined Jim Callis and Jonathan Mayo on the Pipleline Podcast- The Orioles have a new International Director… a new staff. They’re still trying to figure out their approach and the players they’re signing.  But I have seen more Orioles scouts at International events in the past two months than I’ve seen in a decade. It sounds funny and it sounds like a joke, but it’s not… the Orioles are making their selves known. You cannot go to an event and not see an Oriole guy, an Orioles scout, and that was not always the case.  They just… I’m not sure whatever the philosophy was, but they were not a presence there. So, the Orioles are in…”

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived