I'm worried about this team....

Brion McClanahan

They don't seem to get the message. The Royals are out playing the Os this year....again. 5-8 is not acceptable. We are 2.5 games behind for the #1 pick next year. Why in the heck isn't Davis playing every day, particularly against lefties? Why is Hyde pulling pitchers after giving up five or six bombs in a game? Mancini needs to take a seat after one or two ABs. While we're at it, why isn't Davis playing 3B? These guys need to get with it. Our perfect season is already slipping away, and it's only April.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is advanced OH posting.  It usually takes thousands of posts and dozens of Fangraphs articles read to get to this level of cynicism.  You're this site's number one prospect, basically.  Granted, not everyone ends up a Can of Corn.  You could be a Moose Milligan, showing those flashes of brilliance but then posting something human that isn't the most depressing thing you've ever read in your entire life.  You could be a total bust like Frobby, who is still a complete person despite watching the Orioles for like 40 years.  That said, I have a lot of faith that if you work at it, you'll have a long career of making Matt Riley and Omar Daal references.  Even at your floor you should be able to reference the time Jack Cust fell down in at least one post per year.

30 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

Just need to get through this season at the MLB level …..

Just need to get through this season at the MLB level ….

Repeat 1000 times no matter what crazies visit and post here.

Luckily we only have to repeat that 162 times.

or 324......

11 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

I’m worried that we are all on the board at this time of night thinking about this team ?

Guilty as charged. 

But in my defense, there was not much on social media to read and I was bored and checked in anyway. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah it would be really nice to hit the sim button on this year but you know still like be able to live our lives.  I’m not trying to fast forward the summer months.  

I know it. It's uncanny how players that were vital to the playoff teams are not even ML talent anymore. 

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I know it. It's uncanny how players that were vital to the playoff teams are not even ML talent anymore. 

Funny how Jones, Beckham, Schoop, Manny, Brach, Gausman, Pearce, Miller, Cruz, and Britton are all doing well. 

We chose to pay the old, one dimensional, players like O’day, Hardy, Trumbo, Davis.  Plus tack on huge reaches/bargain hunting like Ubaldo, Gallardo, Cashner, and Cobb. 

Not starting this debate for the 100000000th time but no reason we should have tied up so much money into 1B and DH, when we could’ve gotten by with Christian Walker/Mancini/Pearce/Valencia/Alvarez/Seth Smith. Some combo of them. Instead we’re paying damn near 40 million a year for not a single hit from Davis and Trumbo this year. 

42 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Funny how Jones, Beckham, Schoop, Manny, Brach, Gausman, Pearce, Miller, Cruz, and Britton are all doing well. 

We chose to pay the old, one dimensional, players like O’day, Hardy, Trumbo, Davis.  Plus tack on huge reaches/bargain hunting like Ubaldo, Gallardo, Cashner, and Cobb. 

Not starting this debate for the 100000000th time but no reason we should have tied up so much money into 1B and DH, when we could’ve gotten by with Christian Walker/Mancini/Pearce/Valencia/Alvarez/Seth Smith. Some combo of them. Instead we’re paying damn near 40 million a year for not a single hit from Davis and Trumbo this year. 

Tracking with you here for sure. How different would the rebuild feel if we were paying Manny a skosh more than what Davis is making now? Maybe you have Schoop on pretty good terms too. And then one of Markakis/Jones locking down the COF spot. 

Maybe none of that makes sense in the rebuild we're in. Maybe the complete change in leadership doesn't happen if more right decisions were made. But still, in a vacuum, it's hard to not be frustrated at the player casualties. Paying all those guys at the right time wouldn't be far off from what we are paying Davis/Trumbo like you said.

58 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The O’s built their entire model on homeruns and felt to be successful thats where they needed to pump their money. I dont blame them for the signings at all, I blame them for the idiocy of the contracts and mismanagement of the rest of the organization.

Archived