Salvage a Split ??? (vs. RED SOX, 4/15)

OFFNY

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I missed it, why was Hyde ejected?

to break up a double play, Devers slid through the bag into Villar.  Got no call, asked for replay, got it, they still didn't have a problem with the slide and Hyde got tossed.

It was not a terribly aggressive slide...but by the rule and the intent, IMHO, it was clearly out of order.  As it was Devers slid into Villar who stayed behind the bag entirely on the play and still got hit, though not injured in any way.

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

to break up a double play, Devers slid through the bag into Villar.  Got no call, asked for replay, got it, they still didn't have a problem with the slide and Hyde got tossed.

It was not a terribly aggressive slide...but by the rule and the intent, IMHO, it was clearly out of order.  As it was Devers slid into Villar who stayed behind the bag entirely on the play and still got hit, though not injured in any way.

Thanks

Thats 2 on Hyde, is Earl's single season record in jepoardy? lol

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Thanks

Thats 2 on Hyde, is Earl's single season record in jepoardy? lol

sss

I think Earl is fine.  Plus, I am not certain, but if you watch the replay, I think Hyde asked the umpire to throw him out so he could take in some sights before he left town today.  In short, not really in Earl's league.  

Yet

8 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Dumb, Nunez.

o

Actually, what he did was help to avoid an inning-ending double play. In fact, the pitcher probably could have had one rather easily by ignoring Nunez and throwing the ball to the middle infielder. At the very least, Nunez created a distraction and caused the pitched to pay heed to him.

o

Archived