Really stupid stuff

wildcard

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Cobb would not have to travel far to play at Bowie and Frederick and he could knock the rust of there just as well as Norfolk.  But if you want to send him to Norfolk that would be fine.

No reason?  No reason other than Ramirez is pitching better at AAA than Kline  (0.00 ERA vs 8.53 ERA) and Ramirez  has much more MLB and AAA experience than Kline.  Kline has 6.1 innings at AAA.

It’s a one hour flight gate to gate from BWI to Norfolk. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Kline is 27 years of age. Ramirez is 24.  One is hanging on to a 40 Man Spot.  One is possibly a future piece.

You don't know that.   Ramirez could be a swing man on a contending team in the future.  Kline has the arm to be a set up man or a closer in the future.    We don't know how either will turn out.  We do know that Kline is getting a late begin in the majors.

Just now, wildcard said:

You don't know that.   Ramirez could be a swing man on a contending team in the future.  Kline has the arm to be a set up man or a closer in the future.    We don't know how either will turn out.  We do know that Kline is getting a late begin in the majors.

I would rather see Ramirez starting if and when he comes to Baltimore. Let him continue to establish his pitches in the minors as a starter. 

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Most of what you state is OPINION, yet I can't have one.  Interesting.

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I would rather see Ramirez starting if and when he comes to Baltimore. Let him continue to establish his pitches in the minors as a starter. 

Ramirez has made 12 starts in the majors.   He has a 6.92 ERA and a 1.65 WHIP.   As a reliever in the majors he has pitched 12 inning  and has a 1.50 ERA.    For now I think his best chance for success in the major is being in the pen.

I am not saying that he should never start.  Just that in order to stick in the majors  he has to show some success and working out of the pen appears to be his best chance of having success.

4 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Whispers...Yefry Ramirez isn’t very good either. It doesn’t matter.

Whispers back....The Blue Jays thought Dwight Smith Jr wasn't very good.   He looks pretty good now.   

The point is to put young players into positions where they have a chance for success when they are playing well.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Cobb can't put up a 2.56 ERA in Bowie.

Why have him rehab in the lower minors when AAA uses the same balls as the majors now?

No reason at all not to reward Kline with a ML debut.

If a pitcher is on a rehab assignment, they can use MLB balls instead of MiLB ones.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Most of this thread is about debating my opinions.   We can't debate yours?

Go for it.  Debate away. 

One of the hardest things in baseball to develop is worthwhile starting pitching.  Kline is not considered an option in that regard.  Ramirez is.  Now if Elias and company think Ramirez would fill that void if left to develop further with the newer Analytics that have been put in place, I do not see them upsetting that development this early in a losing season.  Again my OPINION.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

There may be reasons for these moves that I am not aware of but these things seem pretty basic to me.

1) Alex Cobb should have had a rehab game at Bowie or Frederick before returning from the IL.   He looked rusty.   I know he had a sim game but that is not the same thing. He had not pitching in a MLB game for 16 days.

2)  Promote Yefry Ramirez instead of Branden Kline.  Ramirez was ready for the promotion and could probably have stayed and let the O's send one of the other struggling pitchers to Norfolk.

3) Demote Castro instead on Lucas.   Castro needs to go find his control.  Lucas was pitching better than Castro.

4) Don't use your 23m first baseman to pitch.  He is just beginning to play better.  Not reason to give him another reason to slump.   Alberto was available if Hyde needed to use a position player.

This is another one the that I don't like though its not on the same level as the others. 

Stop using Ruiz and Nunez at first when Mancini and Davis are available.   They are no where near as good defensively.

Sorry to disagree with you. I’m not smart enough to question the GM and Managers decisions. Plus I don’t keep up with minors. I just go along with what they do. I do like them playing Nunez and Ruiz at 1st other than Davis. Davis is not part of the future. 

Archived