Wright DFA, Ynoa is up

eddie83

4 hours ago, Philip said:

Yes the team is bad. But Wright is BAD.

and he has two million in the bank, a pension and lifetime health insurance. He’ll be fine.

He doesn’t have the full 4 years of service yet to qualify for lifetime health insurance.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Exactly. It’s up to Wright on how a manages his finances. Also has the potential to try and extend his baseball career.

Now watch the Astros turn him into a legitimate weapon out of the bullpen. 

Wow! That’d be something. He’d join a list of failed Oriole pitchers that go to other teams that they pitch better.

53 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Wow! That’d be something. He’d join a list of failed Oriole pitchers that go to other teams that they pitch better.

More likely he joins Matusz and Tillman as guys who join other teams and never heard from again.  Actually I doubt he gets claimed. He is an older guy who has never shown anything. 

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

Wow.   Ynoa is out of option and will take a 25 man roster spot.   And he has not pitched that well.  

Wait, I don't get this?   Do I not understand how options work?

I thought he was optioned to Norfolk at the start of the season?   And that the "option" is good all year, so he can go up and down multiple times this year.   And that it would be next year he was out of options.

41 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I thought he was optioned to Norfolk at the start of the season?   And that the "option" is good all year, so he can go up and down multiple times this year.   And that it would be next year he was out of options.

You understand how it works.  Ynoa was on a minor league contract. 

59 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Ynoa's last option was used up in 2017.   He was put on the O's major league roster for 2018 and spent the whole season on the DL.    In Nov 2018 he was outrighted to Norfolk.  That puts him on a minor league contract.   He went through ST this season as a minor leaguer and was assigned to Norfolk.   Now he is being recalled which means his contract becomes a major league contract and he will be on the 25 and 40 man rosters.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Ynoa's last option was used up in 2017.   He was put on the O's major league roster for 2018 and spent the whole season on the DL.    In Nov 2018 he was outrighted to Norfolk.  That puts him on a minor league contract.   He went through ST this season as a minor leaguer and was assigned to Norfolk.   Now he is being recalled which means his contract becomes a major league contract and he will be on the 25 and 40 man rosters.

Ahhh....OK, thanks.   And thanks to Art too.

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I can’t imagine another team will claim him, so I’m fully expecting him to be outrighted to Norfolk.   

Korea! 

I bet Tyler Wilson is on the phone with him right now saying, “the food is weird and you have to eat with sticks, but they pay you a lot.”

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nothing wrong with Korean food.

Bibimbap-above-500x500.jpg

I agree, I love Korean food. My wife is Chinese and probably 18 meals a week we eat Chinese, Thai, Japanese, or Korean.

I’m not keen on Pho, however

But it does take some getting used to for a westerner.

Regardless, I think that’s where ol’ Mike ends up. He’s a good AAA pitcher. I wish he had ended up there or year or so ago, however.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I agree, I love Korean food. My wife is Chinese and probably 18 meals a week we eat Chinese, Thai, Japanese, or Korean.

I’m not keen on Pho, however

But it does take some getting used to for a westerner.

Regardless, I think that’s where ol’ Mike ends up. He’s a good AAA pitcher. I wish he had ended up there or year or so ago, however.

And Korean BBQ for the win. 

blb11109_29494957688_o.0.jpg

Archived