Ryne Ogren (Acquired for Mike Wright)

OFFNY

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Frobby said:

My question is what are they going to do with this guy?    We already have Adam Hall, Cadyn Grenier and JC Encarnacion at 2B/SS/3B at Delmarva, the level that Ogren is at now.   Plus Branden Becker as the utility guy.   I don’t see Ogren as an upgrade to any of them.   

Does it matter? He is an upgrade to Wright's 560k salary.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

That’s a step backwards for him, so they clearly just took a flier on this guy.  

Diaz went back to AA.  Sometimes that is Elias MO.  Go back to the previous level and prove that player deserves a promotion.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Wonder who moved for him...

*Edit* Looks like Brandon Becker was bumped down.

The hitting coach for Delmarva tweeted that one of his players was promoted to A+ and one retired. He didn't name names though. 

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Might not of been talking about the Shorebirds, could of been from his previous coaching career.

True, but him saying he's going to miss them + the very limited number of Hartford CC players in pro ball makes me think it's most likely Shorebirds related. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

True, but him saying he's going to miss them + the very limited number of Hartford CC players in pro ball makes me think it's most likely Shorebirds related. 

Good point.

Only move that was made today involving Delmarva was Branden Becker going to Aberdeen so Ogren could come up. No one was announced as going to Frederick.

Time to play the waiting game... :noidea:

Archived