Can we see Stewart, Cisco, Mountcastle instead of Martin, Severino, and Rickard?

DocJJ

No need to rush Mountcastle, even if the Orioles are struggling. The others are debatable. I'd be a little surprised if they are ready to give up on Martin though. I hoped they would get Iglesias for shortstop in the off-season.

• Like 1

Hard to break into the O's right now if you are a corner outfielder or a first baseman.  

I'd personally get rid of Alberto and have Wilkerson spell the infielders when one of them needs to sit.  That gets DJ up here.  Wilkerson could be playing 2B on a lot of days with Villar at SS.  The other option is to send down Rickard and just play Wilkerson everyday. I'm not necessarily against that.  They like Wilkerson's defense enough to play Rickard in RF on days they are both in the lineup. 

DFA'ing Davis in July when he's still hitting under .200 and OPS'ing under .600 could get Mountcastle up here. 

They probably want to give Wynns a longer look as the backup.  Severino isn't going anywhere.  Still expect to see Sisco up at some point.  

19 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I hoped they would get Iglesias for shortstop in the off-season.

Still can't believe he signed for peanuts and we had no interest. I just can't with the Rule 5 thing anymore. It doesn't work. It's the same story every year.

Rickard, Severino, Castro Down, Alberto DFA are three easy moves. I am openly sceptical of Sisco’s defense, but hell, why not try him out anyway. Stewart can come up and lumber around the OF. Can’t be worse then the slop we’re throwing out there now( and sadly I said the same thing last season. Our OF defense isn’t appreciably improved ? )

5 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Martin stays. He's the best defensive player on the team. Now, if only he'd learn to choke up on the bat a little bit.....

Agree. He’s not going anywhere especially because Villar at SS would require Wilkerson at 2B and make Rickard a full-time CF again, and no thanks.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Agree. He’s not going anywhere especially because Villar at SS would require Wilkerson at 2B and make Rickard a full-time CF again, and no thanks.

The advanced fielding metrics on Martin don't agree that he is valuable with the glove.

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=17736&position=SS#fielding

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

So what? We don’t have any SS in the system, and Villar at SS would weaken both SS and 2B.

The so what is Martin can’t hit and is a mediocre at best fielding. He is only here until his replacement comes along via the farm system, trade or draft. He has been a disappointment. 

28 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The so what is Martin can’t hit and is a mediocre at best fielding. He is only here until his replacement comes along via the farm system, trade or draft. He has been a disappointment. 

I don’t argue with that at all, but we can’t get rid of him now because we don’t have anybody with whom to replace him.