Trumbo begins rehab games tomorrow

Legend_Of_Joey

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No.

Just no.

We know who Trumbo is and what he can do.  So does every team out there.  He didn't suddenly get better at baseball.

1)   If Trumbo hits like he did last season - 754 OPS -  He is better than anything the Indians have at DH.

2)  There probably will be injures that contending teams will have to fill.

3)  Contenders will load up their benches because they can't trade for players after July 31st.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

1)   If Trumbo hits like he did last season - 754 OPS -  He is better than anything the Indians have at DH.

3)  Contenders will load up their benches because they can't trade for players after July 31st.

Four years ago

1. Trumbo was younger
  2. He was healthy
  3. He was cheaper
  4. He came with a full season of control

He was worth a 3rd string catcher.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Four years ago

1. Trumbo was younger
  2. He was healthy
  3. He was cheaper
  4. He came with a full season of control

He was worth a 3rd string catcher.

Trumbo will be much cheaper now.   The O's will eat all or most all his contract for a good prospect.   Or they will trade him for salary relief.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Trumbo will be much cheaper now.   The O's will eat all or most all his contract for a good prospect.   Or they will trade him for salary relief.

No they won't.  Haven't you been paying attention?  There is no market for guys like Trumbo even when they are not coming off of a serious injury.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No they won't.  Haven't you been paying attention?  There is no market for guys like Trumbo even when they are not coming off of a serious injury.

Maybe, Maybe not.  We will see.  But my guess is the O's play Trumbo a lot trying to trade him before July 31st.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Maybe, Maybe not.  We will see.  But my guess is the O's play Trumbo a lot trying to trade him before July 31st.

I'll be very disappointed and more than a little upset if they hamstring the ML club and delay the progression of a young player in a misguided attempt to save a couple bucks.

It would be enough to get me on another the sons aren't allowing Elias to do what needs to be done rant.  I refuse to believe Elias would be dumb enough to think playing Trumbo is the smart move.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'll be very disappointed and more than a little upset if they hamstring the ML club and delay the progression of a young player in a misguided attempt to save a couple bucks.

It would be enough to get me on another the sons aren't allowing Elias to do what needs to be done rant.  I refuse to believe Elias would be dumb enough to think playing Trumbo is the smart move.

Elias is not trying to win this season and probably not next season.  Whether he plays prospects in the next 6 weeks or not means little to the long term goal of the team.   Its nothing to get upset about.

25 minutes ago, wildcard said:

At best it get the Orioles a marginal prospect or some salary relief. Trumbo's track record 2017 to current is mediocre at best. Plus who knows how long Trumbo stays healthy until he gets hurt again.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Elias is not trying to win this season and probably not next season.  Whether he plays prospects in the next 6 weeks or not means little to the long term goal of the team.   Its nothing to get upset about.

I wouldn't get upset by the guys not playing.  The idea that the sons won't let Elias eat the contract is what would annoy me.  Well that or the fact that Elias would be dumb enough to want to keep Trumbo around, whichever it ends up being.

Putting Trumbo on the 25 man and playing him is bad process.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

At best it get the Orioles a marginal prospect or some salary relief. Trumbo's track record 2017 to current is mediocre at best. Plus who knows how long Trumbo stays healthy until he gets hurt again.

I agree.  But that will not stop Elias from getting what ever he can get for Trumbo before July 31st.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Contending teams will stock up on major-league-ready players with options, so they can stockpile adequate reserves at AAA for when someone on the big league club is injured.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Right, the pro-rated portion of 550K.

If you were another team would you even give up a million for Trumbo?  33 year old coming off a major injury and a .3 rWAR season?

25 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'd wait for him to be placed on Waivers.

I would think I would wait for him to clear waivers which would lead to a DFA and free agency.  Why assume his remaining contract by claiming him off waivers???