2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

He will probably get 7m in arbitration this off season.  The O's don't need to pay that for his final season before FA when they expect to lose next year.  He is a non tender candidate IMO if he is not traded in the next few days.

I'm hoping they don't trade him for the sake of seeing this play out. There is no way the Orioles nontender him. They have a very modest payroll despit being stuck with Davis, and another year or two of Cobb. It's 6-7 million not $15 million.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I'm hoping they don't trade him for the sake of seeing this play out. There is no way the Orioles nontender him. They have a very modest payroll despit being stuck with Davis, and another year or two of Cobb. It's 6-7 million not $15 million.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.  Elias is still cutting payroll where he can IMO.

8 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I have to respectfully disagree here and say I think the O's absolutely non-tender Villar next season. They neeeeed to trade him.

3 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

You're not going to sniff either of Gavin Lux or Dustin May and probably not Keibert Ruiz or Will Smith but I could see someone like Tony Gonsolin/Jeter Downs/Josiah Gray leading a package.

I'd agree ....I'd be pretty with Gonsolin/White, Amaya, and Kasowski for Givens.

If they really want Severino I'd do it adding Vargas.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hahaha.   With that line of thinking you could say it would be nice to trade Means to a contender as well.   Nice for who?

So how do you want to explain the Neshek trade?

Sometimes when you are talking about a guy on the periphery they make deals that benefit the player.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So how do you want to explain the Neshek trade?

Sometimes when you are talking about a guy on the periphery they make deals that benefit the player.

Fry is 26 and has two options left.  There is no reason to treat him like an old fart.

18 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Now why would they trade Fry for a rookie lottery ticket?    IMO they either get something worth having or they keep him just like most of the rest of the team.

I just went back and looked at him and for some odd reason I thought he was 30 years-old, not 27. We have him under control for years to come and he's highly effective as a LOOGY.  What sort of return might you expect?