Must Read: Review of the Baysox rotation

Frobby

• 2 weeks later...

When do you think Elias will promote them to the majors?

I saw your Twitter:

Watching Lowther, Wells and Kremer at Bowie makes me happy to know that the Blach's and Phillips of the world are just poor stop gaps. Help is not too far away.

When do you will think we will see these three  and others like Baumann, Sedlock, Tate, and Harvey in the majors?

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

When do you think Elias will promote them to the majors?

I saw your Twitter:

When do you will think we will see these three  and others like Baumann, Sedlock, Tate, and Harvey in the majors?

It's hard to say for sure because we don't quite know how Elias will handle next year yet. We do know he likes to see players get a full year at a level if they are age specific for that level, and we know  these guys will be NOT old for AAA in 2020. 

I think it will depend on need and their performance, but all three of them could make their debuts next season at some point. I think all three have a good chance to be in the 2021 starting rotation.

We should see Harvey in September since he doesn't have a ton of innings and he should have a good chance to make the team in 2020. Baumann is in the same company as Wells, Lowether and Kremer, but I still wonder if he'll end up in the pen. 

Tate we already have seen, and I'm not a big Tate guy. Makes too many mistakes in the middle of the plate and the slider is below average. He's Miguel Castro light.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Harvey has a future of counseling young pitchers who've had multiple surgeries.

I liked Tony's response to wildcards extremely urgent question.

As fans, it is critically important that we know exactly what is going to happen years in advance.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

It's hard to say for sure because we don't quite know how Elias will handle next year yet. We do know he likes to see players get a full year at a level if they are age specific for that level, and we know  these guys will be NOT old for AAA in 2020. 

I think it will depend on need and their performance, but all three of them could make their debuts next season at some point. I think all three have a good chance to be in the 2021 starting rotation.

We should see Harvey in September since he doesn't have a ton of innings and he should have a good chance to make the team in 2020. Baumann is in the same company as Wells, Lowether and Kremer, but I still wonder if he'll end up in the pen. 

Tate we already have seen, and I'm not a big Tate guy. Makes too many mistakes in the middle of the plate and the slider is below average. He's Miguel Castro light.

Thanks Tony.   If it based on need Elias may promote them as soon as they show well at AAA.

What do you think about Sedlock?  When and if do you think Elias has him in the majors?

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Thanks Tony.   If it based on need Elias may promote them as soon as they show well at AAA.

What do you think about Sedlock?  When and if do you think Elias has him in the majors?

By "need', I don't think that is anything less than a cascade of injuries on the major league club that forces the promotion. I get that people are excited about some guys on the farm, but they will not be rushed to the majors because there is absolutely no point. These pitchers will get more than enough time to develop their pitches and command before coming up. Early promotions are likely an absolute last resort for Elias. I honestly would not expect them to get to the majors until 2021 and that's only for the ones that make it that far. Hopefully, they all do.

It does seem like Elias is willing to promote guys who are wild cards (no pun intended) or unlikelies (not a word, I know) to see which players, if any, can become major league ballplayers when thrown into the fire. I do like Doug Brocail so far. I like how he seems to be very engaged with our pitchers even if the results aren't there right now. He is trying to find diamonds, even some nice quartz crystals or some agate, amongst the fringey guys we have. I think he will uncover a few surprises. This rebuild is all about patience.

I personally find this to be an adventure of sorts because there will almost certainly be several surprises ahead. One surprise I do NOT want is trying to find reasons to promote pitchers early who have a very good chance to be parts of a contending major league team. I do NOT want that. They will join whatever is left of what we have now that have proven themselves and we can go from there. A lot of damage has been done to this organization prior to this season. We know what mistakes we made in the past. We should not be so eager to make them again.

4 minutes ago, Sessh said:

By "need', I don't think that is anything less than a cascade of injuries on the major league club that forces the promotion. I get that people are excited about some guys on the farm, but they will not be rushed to the majors because there is absolutely no point. These pitchers will get more than enough time to develop their pitches and command before coming up. Early promotions are likely an absolute last resort for Elias. I honestly would not expect them to get to the majors until 2021 and that's only for the ones that make it that far. Hopefully, they all do.

It does seem like Elias is willing to promote guys who are wild cards (no pun intended) or unlikelies (not a word, I know) to see which players, if any, can become major league ballplayers when thrown into the fire. I do like Doug Brocail so far. I like how he seems to be very engaged with our pitchers even if the results aren't there right now. He is trying to find diamonds, even some nice quartz crystals or some agate, amongst the fringey guys we have. I think he will uncover a few surprises. This rebuild is all about patience.

I personally find this to be an adventure of sorts because there will almost certainly be several surprises ahead. One surprise I do NOT want is trying to find reasons to promote pitchers early who have a very good chance to be parts of a contending major league team. I do NOT want that. They will join whatever is left of what we have now that have proven themselves and we can go from there. A lot of damage has been done to this organization prior to this season. We know what mistakes we made in the past. We should not be so eager to make them again.

I think they all spend some time at AAA and I agree they will not be promoted until Elias judges they are ready.   But Elias may judge some of them ready  sometime in 2020.