I really want to keep Villar (Update: Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas)

AceKing

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’ve never seen many informed takes on Roch’s twitter replies. 

Those people have money. They're deciding how to spend it. And collectively, they have far more money than the people who think-they-know-everything on the Hangout.

Just now, atomic said:

He is our best player. 

He's not. Tre Mancini is. And even if he was that makes him the best player on the worst team in baseball. We've had this discussion before and I've looked at the rosters. He isn't even good enough to start for most of the teams that will be contending next season. 

10 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

The payroll is low, but deferred salaries are put in escrow now. 

I don't think that is true.  Provide a link.  Davis isn't getting some of his money until 2035.  The reason that the Met's deferred Bobby Bonilla's salary as they believe they could make more money investing in a ponzi scheme. 

1 minute ago, theocean said:

Those people have money. They're deciding how to spend it. And collectively, they have far more money than the people who think-they-know-everything on the Hangout.

In fact, his comments are not any more attended than this thread. 

1 minute ago, theocean said:

Villar isn’t moving the needle on a winning team in 2023. Listening to the fans is a sure fire way to build a losing ball club. 

7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The irony behind all your angst is that resigning Villar, a flawed player coming off a career year, would have been a classic Peter Angelos, Sr. move. 

Oh and to your point about why Elias hasn't made any trades yet...it's because management let a dead man walking GM make them all before they hired him. 

What did he do?

Flawed? No the Orioles are cheap! Roch said that he wasn't traded at the deadline as he didnt get an acceptable offer. Now he loses him for nothing.

Flawed ....He had one bad year and three between 2-4.

What has Elias done? What did he do with the international money? Cashner for scraps....He's only good at getting AAAA players off waivers from the 1st or 2nd position

• Upvote 1

So with regards to deferred Davis salary.  They have to put the salary in escrow account by July 1st of 2021 for his 2020 season.  But they can discount it by 5 percent per anum.  So since there is a lot of years between the time he earns it and the time he receives it that is quite a discount. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

What did he do?

Flawed? No the Orioles are cheap! Roch said that he wasn't traded at the deadline as he didnt get an acceptable offer. Now he loses him for nothing.

Flawed ....He had one bad year and three between 2-4.

What has Elias done? What did he do with the international money? Cashner for scraps....He's only good at getting AAAA players off waivers from the 1st or 2nd position

Do you honestly fault Elias for Villar not being traded? I mean, instead of the idea that other teams aren't willing to give value for him?