vs. YANKEES Game 1, 8/12

Sessh

I asked earlier how Ynoa was doing, but I forgot to post the question. Now I think it’s unnecessary to do so.

And yes, I just know I still need to get some names of guys who should be called up, haven’t had time to do that yet I’ll do it on the plane tomorrow. But I’m certainly at the point where I’m happy letting go of Ynoa. He’s not terrible but… Oh who am I kidding? He’s terrible.

Hyde is confusing to me sometimes. He'll leave Ynoa in there to give up seven runs on, what, four homers in six innings? Put he pulls other guys early. He pulled Means in his last start after giving up that one home run though I guess that may have been due to not wanting to push him after returning from injury. He'll pull Eshelman for seemingly no reason at times or if he allows a couple solo homers after pitching well for several innings. I don't quite understand his methodology with the pitching. It seems inconsistent, but I am glad Ynoa was left in so try to work through it. There seems to be no rhyme or reason at times for pulling guys early or not pulling them early.

13 minutes ago, Sessh said:

You know what I don't understand about that approach to Urshella? Why do we shift him to pull and then pitch him away? Seems that would make it as easy as possible for him to do what he just did.

Palmer has stated that on multiple occasions. Pitchers aren’t as good at pitching to their defense.