vs. RED SOX, 8/18

OFFNY

Just now, O's84 said:

If our defense knew how to catch a fly ball we'd have been out of the inning long ago and would still have the lead.  Instead, 9 unanswered runs by the Red Sox and were in the hole now.

I have pretty much been in agreement across the board with what they have done except the Of. Jace Peterson can play but not Mason Williams?

Just now, eddie83 said:

I have pretty much been in agreement across the board with what they have done except the Of. Jace Peterson can play but not Mason Williams?

Yeah, I mean I guess it doesn't matter as much in the grand scheme of things, but it sure is frustrating to watch.  As I've said before, I don't get as worked (given I know this is a rebuilding year) over losing, but to lose like this to one of BOS/NYY/WAS get's my goat.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Yeah, I mean I guess it doesn't matter as much in the grand scheme of things, but it sure is frustrating to watch.  As I've said before, I don't get as worked (given I know this is a rebuilding year) over losing, but to lose like this to one of BOS/NYY/WAS get's my goat.

Of course in big picture it means little, I still don’t get it. 

I agree would like to beat them some. 

13 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I would guess that Jace pushed for a chance in the majors before signing another minor league deal with us after opting out of the previous one. Maybe even conditional upon it. Just speculation, of course. The timing seems to fit.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

I would guess that Jace pushed for a chance in the majors before signing another minor league deal with us after opting out of the previous one. Maybe even conditional upon it. Just speculation, of course. The timing seems to fit.

That may be true but why are they worried about a 29 year old utility player? Even more so with Wilkerson on the team.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, eddie83 said:

That may be true but why are they worried about a 29 year old utility player? Even more so with Wilkerson on the team.  

Beats me. Probably just trying to milk everything they can out of players before moving on to others. This is likely going to be a long, long process, so I expect a lot of milking especially with the "depth" that we have to work with.