Where’s the call-ups?

HowAboutThat

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I honestly have no idea what s Blach is doing in the major leagues.   His ERA was over 12 in August.    That warrants a promotion?

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Not just a promotion.   He's starting tomorrow.

Has to be due to the DH tomorrow I would think. They need a starter. 

Who else do they have?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Who is getting cut in order for Williams to get a 40 man spot?  Carroll to 60 Day DL now that Trumbo is activated?

Eshelman was DFA'd to make room for Trumbo on the 40.

They have not announced the 40 man move for Mason Williams yet.

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s just funny that Blach is still in the majors. 

I don't find it funny.   It seems like a poor decision.   One of the reasons to have sooooo many relievers I would think is so they could have a bullpen day when needed.

Blach as a 12.15 ERA with the O's and a 16.88 ERA at Norfolk. Does that equal a promotion?

So far I count 6 starters and 13 relievers.  I don't know how they intend to get that many pitchers innings enough to be effective.

Weams told me yesterday that Elias is not influencing field play.  The call up of Blach seems to tell a different story.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So far I count 6 starters and 13 relievers.  I don't know how they intend to get that many pitchers innings enough to be effective.

This made me spit out my coffee. Haha. Good one. Not giving you a hard time. Just the state of the pitching.  The lineup ain’t half bad though. 

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I don't find it funny.   It seems like a poor decision.   One of the reasons to have sooooo many relievers I would think is so they could have a bullpen day when needed.

Blach as a 12.15 ERA with the O's and a 16.88 ERA at Norfolk. Does that equal a promotion?

Weams told me yesterday that Elias is not influencing field play.  The call up of Blach seems to tell a different story.

With Blach starting it probably will be a bullpen day. 

He was our 5th starter for a couple of weeks before he got sent out. Before him they had Eshelman.  Ynoa had a chance. 

Archived