Madden signs with Angels for Three Years

HowAboutThat

23 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not sure he’s stressing fundamentals properly, because the team has spent the entire season playing lousy fundamentals. Lousy…

They're like a two-headed monster. Sometimes lousy and sometimes stellar. They're young. They're learning. That's the point.

14 hours ago, Philip said:

I’m not opposed to Hyde And I don’t have a clear sense of how good or bad he managed this season. He was just “the guy”

I also have no idea how Maddon would be coming in to this circumstance, but he brought the Rays up from nothing, and Tampa Bay has a history of very good pitching every year.

I’m just wondering if Baltimore might participate in the feeding frenzy that’s going to surround his departure from Chicago if and when it happens.

Hyde is an Elias hire.

I doubt replacing him, is hire on his to-do list of problem areas to address on this team.

2 hours ago, weams said:

I am pretty sure that the next managerial change will occur after the team has won 87 games the previous season. 

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

I read that Hyde is on a three-year contract, so I'm thinking more like 81 games before he's Portered.

Porter lasted two years and was deep sixed after winning 51 and 59 games.