2019 World Series (ASTROS vs. NATIONALS)

OFFNY

o

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll HOUSTON ASTROS

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll vs.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll WASHINGTON NATIONALS

o

• Upvote 1

I will enjoy this series a lot because I have nothing against either team.  The Expos/Nats have never won a title, and Houston just won two years ago, so I probably lean a bit towards the Nats just to even things out a bit.  But Houston is great and I would honestly have no problem if they won either.  I don't like dynasties in sports (unless it is my team), so hopefully if Houston does win, that will be it for them for awhile. 

I’ll be mildly rooting for the Nats, but I’ll be happy either way.     I tried to develop a strong rooting interest in the Nats when they moved here, as my NL team, but have never gotten to the point where my fandom is even 1% as intense as my Orioles passion.    But, I lot of people I know do root passionately for the Nats, and I’d like to see them experience a WS victory.     And it would be fun to have a parade here.    

I like the Astros too.     They’re sort of the Orioles’ older brother, as we are trying to follow their rebuilding strategy.    Hopefully we’ll be in their shoes in a few years.   

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ll be mildly rooting for the Nats, but I’ll be happy either way.     I tried to develop a strong rooting interest in the Nats when they moved here, as my NL team, but have never gotten to the point where my fandom is even 1% as intense as my Orioles passion.    But, I lot of people I know do root passionately for the Nats, and I’d like to see them experience a WS victory.     And it would be fun to have a parade here.    

I like the Astros too.     They’re sort of the Orioles’ older brother, as we are trying to follow their rebuilding strategy.    Hopefully we’ll be in their shoes in a few years.   

Would sure make for an easy day at work for you! ?

Setting league allegiance aside, I’m all in for the Nationals. They seem to do things the right way, and it’s a very easy team to root for.

I believe that they’re going to win this series, and it may be somewhat short – I’m betting they get it done in 5 and wrap it up at home. Strasburg and Scherzer seem to be on a mission, and the bats are clutch when they need to be. If they can keep managing to hide/work around the subpar BP, they’re set.

Bonus prediction: Cole finally returns to earth (at least for him) tonight. I think he gets roughed up some, or at the very least won’t be his recently otherworldly dominating self.

Plus, hey, a victory for the Nationals is an overall victory for MASN, no? :)

1 minute ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

Setting league allegiance aside, I’m all in for the Nationals. They seem to do things the right way, and it’s a very easy team to root for.

I believe that they’re going to win this series, and it may be somewhat short – I’m betting they get it done in 5 and wrap it up at home. Strasburg and Scherzer seem to be on a mission, and the bats are clutch when they need to be. If they can keep managing to hide/work around the subpar BP, they’re set.

Bonus prediction: Cole finally returns to earth (at least for him) tonight. I think he gets roughed up some, or at the very least won’t be his recently otherworldly dominating self.

Plus, hey, a victory for the Nationals is an overall victory for MASN, no? :)

The current hubbub aside does anyone do things "the right way" more than the Astros?

Anyone else notice the Nats Centerfielder diving for a ball in the outfield, flopping, and then having the ball hit him instead of the ground? Sure, it didn't hit him in the head like with DJ Stewart, but then he actually flopped so hard his glove popped off of his hand. At least DJ kept his glove on.

Remember people saying it showed how bad DJ is as a fielder? Anyone saying that about Victor Robles?

I'm not saying that DJ is as good a fielder as Victor Robles, but it does show the error of looking at one play, even an embarrassing one, and using it as a reason to point at someone and say "See, I told you he was bad".