Thursday's Hot Stove Show

Going Underground

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Sounds like Delaware North was not the food vendor last night. If they were the food stations would have been shut down early. 

I think the station may have handled the catering. there was a lady who seemed very efficient frome the station that appeared to have a handle on everything.  She really appeared to run the place. I was impressed by every aspect. Maybe the Orioles just paid. 

As they say in the business, everyone hit their marks and was on time. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

I think the station may have handled the catering. there was a lady who seemed very efficient frome the station that appeared to have a handle on everything.  She really appeared to run the place. I was impressed by every aspect. Maybe the Orioles just paid. 

As they say in the business, everyone hit their marks and was on time. 

This is great they did this. Nothing wrong with it. 

Now do more of this while not taking anything else away. That would be progress. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Carllamy said:

Not a single mention about dropping Fanfest after 30 years.

I wrote Roch on Twitter and asked him to ask, and then listened to the radio. Nada.

I know that there was only 1 hour of time, and they had a lot to talk about with coaches and players. But Fanfest is a recent event, and people are talking about it. I listen to 105.7 The Fan every day, and some callers and some of the Announcers are talking about it. People are interested. 30 seconds talking about it wouldn't have been out of order.

I think it’s a joke they aren’t doing it but to be fair about it that’s a business not baseball ops decision. Perhaps asking Elias would have created more conversation but it’s not really fair to Mike.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

I think it’s a joke they aren’t doing it but to be fair about it that’s a business not baseball ops decision. Perhaps asking Elias would have created more conversation but it’s not really fair to Mike.  

Maybe the non baseball ops people are who you could speak with. Let me know which one you wish to email and I'll get you and address.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Best thing about games with poor attendance, less traffic. 

I love to sit where I wish. I love Delmon Young doubles more. I was so mad at Chen. I was in concession line forever when he gave up his lead and more. I did not leave my seat again. 

I need to be clear. I was not there as press or as a representative of the Hangout. Simply as a Birdland Member. I was initially denied reservations for the event die to size of the venue, but they contacted us when cancellations occurred and we had the opportunity to decide to go with little planning. There were no sales pitches or 90 minute tours. Just a casual landscape to talk with the EVP have great food and be treated as if I mattered.