Who will be the #15 and #16 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who will be the #15 and #16 prospects?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the #15 and #16 prospects?

• Adam Hall and Leonardo Rodriguez
    • Brenen Hanifee and Darrell Hernaiz
    • Ryan McKenna and Rylan Bannon
    • Cody Sedlock and Gray Fenter
    • Kyle Stowers and Bruce Zimmerman

There are a lot of names on here that I think have hopes as ML contributors. Hernaiz I guess we could say has the most upside but is so, so far away and raw. McKenna and Hall seem like a worst-case defensive replacement/pinch runner types. A few high K-rate bullpen arms Rodriguez, Fenter and Zimmerman. 

There is probably the highest hopes for Kyle Stowers given his draft status. A college performer and strong defensive tools, we'd think he could move fast. 

This is all me talking around how I have no clue which pairing comes next. I would not be surprised by any of them. 

I literally have no idea.   Adam Hall is actually my favorite prospect on this list but I don’t see Leonardo Rodriguez being next after Hall.   I voted Stowers/Zimmermann (two n’s BTW) but it could be Hanifee/Hernaiz.   Or, one of the other choices.   

• Upvote 1

Tony, I don’t know how much you and Luke research other teams’ prospects, but probably not much because of the work involved.

Can you say whether we have any prospects are legitimate trade pieces? Not just throw-ins, but guys that other teams would actually be targeting in trade discussions? The question itself might be irrelevant, but it does seem that the number of guys with legitimate chances for success has increased a lot and we’ve got a bunch of pitchers in the mix.

I figure it has to be either Hanifee and Hernaiz or Stowers and Zimmermann. My gut tells me Tony and Luke aren't quite this high on Zimmermann, and I know they're pretty high on Hernaiz, so I went with the first one. Hanifee isn't anything special right now, but isn't he like 6'5 180? Real good chance to add velocity and that gives him that ceiling we so desperately love

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently he's up to 215 according to MiLB. That's not especially big for a 6'5 guy though

Edited by ChosenOne21
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Philip said:

Tony, I don’t know how much you and Luke research other teams’ prospects, but probably not much because of the work involved.

Can you say whether we have any prospects are legitimate trade pieces? Not just throw-ins, but guys that other teams would actually be targeting in trade discussions? The question itself might be irrelevant, but it does seem that the number of guys with legitimate chances for success has increased a lot and we’ve got a bunch of pitchers in the mix.

With 4 BA Top 100 prospects, those obviously have trade value. I'd guess our Top 8 prospects would be of interest to most teams depending on the expected return. 

That said, I don't think the Orioles are going to be in the market to trade prospect assets for ML assets for at least another 2 years.

• Upvote 2

We are at a place in the list where you could make a case for a lot of guys, including all of of these. That's awesome because I really like a bunch of guys in this group. I picked Hanifee and Hernaiz mostly because of a couple of comments about Hernaiz's upside and higher ranking on the lists. I do think Fenter is intriguing, want to see Stowers in full season ball, think Adam Hall has tools to work with and hope that McKenna can figure it out. Heck, Bannon and Zimmerman could end up with a lot of ML innings this year and who knows if Sedlock continues to move back closer to where he used to be.

I went with perceived upside of Hanifee and Hernaiz.

3 hours ago, Philip said:

Yeah, Hall, Grayson, and Adley are centerpiece of a major deal types. While Hays, Diaz, Baumann, and Mountcastle are centerpieces of solid acquisition types. 

3 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I figure it has to be either Hanifee and Hernaiz or Stowers and Zimmermann. My gut tells me Tony and Luke aren't quite this high on Zimmermann, and I know they're pretty high on Hernaiz, so I went with the first one. Hanifee isn't anything special right now, but isn't he like 6'5 180? Real good chance to add velocity and that gives him that ceiling we so desperately love

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently he's up to 215 according to MiLB. That's not especially big for a 6'5 guy though

Hanifee is a guy that everyone (myself included) thought would add velocity, but he’s filled out significantly and he just hasn’t.