2019 #17 Prospect: Adam Hall - SS/2B

Tony-OH

Just looked at mine. No huge misses like yours and Hanifee yet, but I have Cumberland at 20, so we'll see. 

Biggest misses for me so far are Hall (had him at 12), Wells (18 on my list) and Hanifee (19 on mine). I also had Stowers at 22, which is 4 off.

My list has Zimmerman, Sedlock at 16/17. Could get ugly here if they don't pop up soon.

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

Just looked at mine. No huge misses like yours and Hanifee yet, but I have Cumberland at 20, so we'll see. 

Biggest misses for me so far are Hall (had him at 12), Wells (18 on my list) and Hanifee (19 on mine). I also had Stowers at 22, which is 4 off.

My list has Zimmerman, Sedlock at 16/17. Could get ugly here if they don't pop up soon.

You are crushing my list then. 5 spots is your biggest miss.

Rank Mine OH Difference
1 Rutschman Rutschman 0
2 Hall Rodriguez 1
3 Rodriguez Hall 1
4 Mountcastle Mountcastle 0
5 Baumann Hays 2
6 Hays Diaz 1
7 Diaz Baumann 1
8 Harvey Lowther 2
9 Lowther Henderson 1
10 Henderson Harvey 1
11 Kremer Kremer 0
12 Hall Akin 5
13 Akin Wells 1
14 Hernaiz Rom 2
15 Rom Hanifee 1
16 Zimmerman Hernaiz --
17 Sedlock Hall --
18 Wells Stowers 5
19 Hanifee   4
20 Cumberland   --
21 Pop   --
22 Stowers   4

Don't know how to paste with formatting, so here's what I got. Note also that I stopped well before 30. I acknowledged I'm out of my depth getting to this part of the list.

Other general comments:

I still don't hate Hall at 12 for me, considering age/level. I do respect that Tony/Luke went at that one with a scout's take more than a stats take.

I also don't hate Wells at 18. If this was a AAA prospects list, he'd be much much higher. Hope I'm wrong.

Hanifee got me a bit too, but everyone sort of acknowledges he might be a feast or famine type of guy.

I honestly didn't know much at all about Stowers before reading the write-up. It was a guess. Like the potential if he can hone in his swing. We could be looking at a future plus power bat.

I’m kind of disappointed. When Grenier was drafted I thought it was because he was a much better overall prospect than Hall. Then Grenier didn’t progress and doesn’t look very good so far and so I hung my hat on Hall again. Now it doesn’t look terribly promising for either. A “most likely” utility player. A ceiling of low-level (meaning third-Tier team, I’m assuming) daily 2B? I don’t know anything about the nuances, but that sure seems disappointing to me.

help me out?

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m kind of disappointed. When Grenier was drafted I thought it was because he was a much better overall prospect than Hall. Then Grenier didn’t progress and doesn’t look very good so far and so I hung my hat on Hall again. Now it doesn’t look terribly promising for either. A “most likely” utility player. A ceiling of low-level (meaning third-Tier team, I’m assuming) daily 2B? I don’t know anything about the nuances, but that sure seems disappointing to me.

help me out?

Baseball is hard.

Seems to me there’s enough raw material here where player development is going to be pretty key for Hall.    He’s an absolute pest of a player and he was extremely consistent at the plate this year.  I’m a little more bullish on his upside than Tony appears to be, but I certainly agree on the probable outcome here.    

57 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I have some big misses.  Of those on the OH list so far, I whiffed on Wells (21 on mine), Hanifee (22 on mine) and Stowers (27 on mine).  I also had Bannon, Sedlock and Zimmermann at 15, 16 and 17 so those look like potential big misses as well. 

Another way to look at it would be to group them by FV and see where the guys fit. If I have a guy at 15 and they list him at 12, but both have a 45, am I really wrong? Maybe, but not by much.

Zimmerman and Wells might be good examples of guys like that who are at very different places in the rankings but who might be very close on an estimation of future value...noting I haven't seen their assessment of Zimmerman yet, so it's just an example/guess.