Roster moves in the next two days

wildcard

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think:

Mountcastle breaks camp with the team.

Stewart takes his position.

I don't see either happening.

I think you have it backwards.   He said  "Mountcastle.   Until then Stewart".

So I think he thinks Mountcastle is the eventual LF, but Stewart starts the season there while Mountcastle serves his time in purgatory.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

So I think he thinks Mountcastle is the eventual LF, but Stewart starts the season there while Mountcastle serves his time in purgatory.

Ahh.  That makes more sense but odds are probably 50/50 on Stewart being ready to go opening day.

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Wasn't the only update they had that he would be able to resume baseball activities at the end of Spring? If so, there is no chance he is making the Opening Day roster.

That far out I could see them being off by a a few weeks which could enable him to be ready.  I probably should have said less than 50/50.

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don’t see why we would let any prospect be snatched when we have plenty of non prospects with no trade value on the 40 man.  Are you telling me the team would keep Wilkerson over McKenna or Fenter.  That makes zero sense. 

It's not just about ultimate upside. Basically if you make the assessment a player will not be able to stick with another team, you don't include them under protection because why burn an option this spring if you didn't have too? You also don't want too many "early add" guys because at some point you may need roster space and it's easier to get Wilkerson through the waivers system then McKenna, when all a team has to do is put them on the 40-man vs the 25-man all season.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's not just about ultimate upside. Basically if you make the assessment a player will not be able to stick with another team, you don't include them under protection because why burn an option this spring if you didn't have too? You also don't want too many "early add" guys because at some point you may need roster space and it's easier to get Wilkerson through the waivers system then McKenna, when all a team has to do is put them on the 40-man vs the 25-man all season.

I think this season might have guys claimed in rule 5 that wouldn’t be in the past.  You get an additional position player.  I am sure some rule 5 guys will be stashed in that spot. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Yes exactly. How can anyone misread that? Even if my wording is clumsy, which I admit it was.

6 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I’d add Wilkerson and subtract Tate if I could make one swap.

We can’t subtract Wynns, can we?I thought Elias specifically said we need at least one additional catcher. Davis won’t go anywhere. No argument about the others.

We won’t get rid of Stewart but I wouldn’t mind. He looked completely clueless in the field.

What do we see in David Hess again?

Don't we have enough OF depth to let Smith Jr. go?

Wynns is cool and all, but there has to be a milb FA who is equal to him in depth.

Would Mullins go unclaimed if DFA'd?

Alot of our pitchers might be able to be passed through waivers as well: Kline, Phillips, Bleier?

So we are sure Davis won't be cut?

Could anyone be traded before rosters are set?

• Upvote 1