Villar Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas

weams

2 minutes ago, Scalious said:

So the league did speak and agreed he was worth 10M?  Marlins would have been really high on WW priority(if they claimed) and are not in a win it now mode.

Could the O's be sending some money with him? 

Maybe the Marlins think they can get him for less than 10M?

We'll see what he ends up making.

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

23 year old 14th round pick in 2019.  Put up okay numbers in short season ball. 

I mean, they might as well have just released him and got nothing.  This guy is not likely to see the major leagues. Org guy. 

Honestly, He's less of a long shot than 2 18 year old Dominicans.Glad that we got something! I would have preferred we signed him to a reasonable 2-3 year deal.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

23 year old 14th round pick in 2019.  Put up okay numbers in short season ball. 

I mean, they might as well have just released him and got nothing.  This guy is not likely to see the major leagues. Org guy. 

Probably won’t turn into anything, but you never know.   He got a $75k bonus, which seems pretty high for a 14th round senior sign.    

Not on the 40 man roster.

▪ Round 14 (No. 411) — Pepperdine pitcher Easton Lucas: Lucas, 22, has held opponents to two runs over 7 2/3 scoreless innings in four combined appearances in the GCL (three innings, one appearance) and Batavia (4 2/3 innings, three appearances). Lucas has struck out eight batters while giving up seven hits and three walks.

Marlins must have seen him a bit while scouting Bleday.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Honestly, He's less of a long shot than 2 18 year old Dominicans.Glad that we got something! I would have preferred we signed him to a reasonable 2-3 year deal.

Depends on the two 18 year old Dominicans.  College seniors taken after the 10th round have a very low chance of ever seeing the Majors. Low floor and low ceiling here. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Could the O's be sending some money with him? 

Maybe the Marlins think they can get him for less than 10M?

We'll see what he ends up making.

Even if they do pay a little. This is a re-building team with a tight budget. You wouldn't see this unless they think are getting a discount on his value.

We need more information though on this before any conclusion though