Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What did you really think a guy like Bundy was worth?  Why would anyone give a top flight prospect of any value for a pitcher like Bundy?

Switch places.  If you're working on a trade for Bundy and are the Angels GM, are you even considering giving up anyone in your top 10?  Top 15?  What's a career 4.67 career ERA (and climbing) worth, also taking into consideration that his fastball velocity is 92 on a good day?  Why would you give up significant value for him?  

Because the Orioles' GM is very wily and sneaky and knows things you don't and can use hypnotism and sleight-of-hand to trick you into giving up a top prospect for a year or two of an average guy at arb prices.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

But what good would have keeping him done if you think he's probably not a piece of your next winning team?

Entertainment. Someone’s got to pitch this year and I just can’t get myself excited to watch guys like Wojo pitch.

10 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

If you had to guess, when do you think they're "shooting" for playoff contention?  

I was thinking 2022 at the start of the 2019 season, but that feels hopeless now. 2023? 2024? 2025? Later?

Bundy and Villar wouldn't have been here in 2022 anyway. Villar would have been a free agent after 22020 and Bundy after 2021.

What changed? If anything their odds improved with Means turning into a legit starter, the farm system had a slightly better year overall than I expected, and they didn't do anything dumb and drafted Adley.

Just now, oriole said:

Entertainment. Someone’s got to pitch this year and I just can’t get myself excited to watch guys like Wojo pitch.

Hopefully it means we will see some of Akin, Kremer, Wells etc. to fill out the rotation. I am equally nonplussed if the plan is to replicate the Wojo, Ynoa, Hess, Brooks, Straily, Yak, and Eshelman brigade from last year.

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Hopefully it means we will see some of Akin, Kremer, Wells etc. to fill out the rotation. I am equally nonplussed if the plan is to replicate the Wojo, Ynoa, Hess, Brooks, Straily, Yak, and Eshelman brigade from last year.

Good chance Akin is up by May/June. Maybe rest by late in year.

What other plan do you think they are going to do?  They aren’t going to rush any arms.  

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know that he sold low.   We got some interesting pitchers here.   But I do hope Bundy thrives with the Angels.    Good guy, and I kind’ve like the Halos.    

Sold low implies that he's about to turn a corner.  I think if that happens it'll be because he's pitching in a much friendlier environment, possibly with less juicy baseballs.  I think it's very unlikely he becomes anything but a mid-to-back rotation guy.  This isn't Jake Arrieta, with all kinds of promise and no ability to put it together.  Bundy's fastball has lost 3-4 mph and it's never coming back.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Cobb

Means

Wojo

Akin

FA

If I had to guess.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Good chance Akin is up by May/June. Maybe rest by late in year.

What other plan do you think they are going to do?  They aren’t going to rush any arms.  

As pointed out in the non-tender thread, there are some interesting names on that list that could come cheap:   Tyler Anderson, Taijuan Walker, Kevin Gausman.

• Upvote 1