Definite Interest in Adeiny Hechavarria

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Sound to me that they got shot down by Elias. His mouthpiece mentioned that he was too expensive. Looking at his BBRef page he made 2.5 million with the Reds last year after salaries of 6 MM , and 4.6 MM the 2 previous years. If $3 million +\- is too much we can expect nothing beyond the Rule 5, Waiver Wire types, and AAAA players. 

Iglesias is only 29 it might be a good idea to put him on a 2-3 year deal at 3-3.5 per. 

We don't have anything for SS. IMO Martin needs at least year in AAA for his bat to catch up. If and when he is ready you can move Jose to Utility Infield.

No you are wrong. The team has made it clear that they are not interest in him due to personal issues. They wont touch it.  And I don't like calling Roch a mouthpiece. Tony has excellent access to Elias when he wants it. 

27 minutes ago, weams said:

No you are wrong. The team has made it clear that they are not interest in him due to personal issues. They wont touch it.  And I don't like calling Roch a mouthpiece. Tony has excellent access to Elias when he wants it. 

Got it ... I misread the quote. I’m not aware of his off field issues but I’m assuming this also probably eliminates Addison Russell?

Weams I hear you on the Roch part and obviously respect your opinion. But it’s a fact that Roch works for MASN and If not completely owned by the Orioles it is certainly controlled by them. Thinking that Roch is an independent writer as if he worked for the Sun or Gazette is a little Naive.

Remember this is the same organization that withheld press passes from writers because they were critical of management.

I know Tony has some credentials. But I’m not sure why you bring him up. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Got it ... I misread the quote. I’m not aware of his off field issues but I’m assuming this also probably eliminates Addison Russell?

Weams I hear you on the Roch part and obviously respect your opinion. But it’s a fact that Roch works for MASN and If not completely owned by the Orioles it is certainly controlled by them. Thinking that Roch is an independent writer as if he worked for the Sun or Gazette is a little Naive.

Remember this is the same organization that withheld press passes from writers because they were critical of management.

I know Tony has some credentials. But I’m not sure why you bring him up. 

Have no idea about the other player. Just know about Iglesias . Roch writes what he wants. He's as independent as Connolly or Trezza.  You write bad stuff too much, you lose access. The way of the world. 

3 minutes ago, weams said:

Have no idea about the other player. Just know about Iglesias . Roch writes what he wants. He's as independent as Connolly or Trezza.  You write bad stuff too much, you lose access. The way of the world. 

And you know this how? I’m just trying to get clarification. I cannot recall a time when he was overly critical about the organization or a move that they made.

It’s just common sense that you don’t bite the hand that feeds you. That conflict moved needle from writing what he wants IMO

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

And you know this how? I’m just trying to get clarification. I cannot recall a time when he was overly critical about the organization or a move that they made.

It’s just common sense that you don’t bite the hand that feeds you. That conflict moved needle from writing what he wants IMO

You can believe what you want. I do think that it is more than an arms length relationship. I've been around some of the reporters indeed some who have moved on and I never heard too much about Roch sugar coating things. I have seen that with some folks associated with MASN though. Real journalism requires at least an attempt at integrity.  Obviously as someone who has been covering one team so so very long there is a lean towards the polyannic. 

If you are looking for the big expose to expose the horrors of all things Angelosian, he's not your guy. Pick Ken or Nester for that crap.

Billionaires are not great people. We get it. 

Back to the player subject here. 

39 minutes ago, weams said:

Have no idea about the other player. Just know about Iglesias . Roch writes what he wants. He's as independent as Connolly or Trezza.  You write bad stuff too much, you lose access. The way of the world. 

I do not believe this.   I don’t think the O’s tell Roch what to write, but he essentially writes nothing that’s critical of the team.     And I think that’s part of the gig.    Same with Steve Melewski.    You are much more likely to see a critical take from Connolly, Peter Schmuck or the Sun beat reporters and others than you are from Roch or Melewski.    Not that anyone in the press assigned to cover the Orioles is overly harsh, but the difference is noticeable.     That’s not a criticism of the MASN reporters, but that’s not where I’d look for any criticism of the team.   

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I do not believe this.   I don’t think the O’s tell Roch what to write, but he essentially writes nothing that’s critical of the team.     And I think that’s part of the gig.    Same with Steve Melewski.    You are much more likely to see a critical take from Connolly, Peter Schmuck or the Sun beat reporters and others than you are from Roch or Melewski.    Not that anyone in the press assigned to cover the Orioles is overly harsh, but the difference is noticeable.     That’s not a criticism of the MASN reporters, but that’s not where I’d look for any criticism of the team.   

OK. 

17 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Don’t like AH. Nothing against him personally. Just not a good hitter. Would rather watch Martin.

He's proven to be a better hitter than Martin: career 76 OPS+ vs. Martin's season of 54. A good defender who's held his own on several contending teams, he would probably be a stabilizing influence on a wobbly infield and shell-shocked pitching staff. Reminds me of the role that Cesar Izturis played for us 2009-10, although Hechavarria is a slightly better hitter.

19 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think Holt might be interesting to hit lead off or behind Alberto. .271 hitter .340 career OBP. He OBP was closer to .360 the last 2 seasons. He had a good SB/CS ratio before 27/7 before going 7/7 in 2018.

Love to see them sign Holt he can play every where.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, weams said:

You can believe what you want. I do think that it is more than an arms length relationship. I've been around some of the reporters indeed some who have moved on and I never heard too much about Roch sugar coating things. I have seen that with some folks associated with MASN though. Real journalism requires at least an attempt at integrity.  Obviously as someone who has been covering one team so so very long there is a lean towards the polyannic. 

If you are looking for the big expose to expose the horrors of all things Angelosian, he's not your guy. Pick Ken or Nester for that crap.

Billionaires are not great people. We get it. 

Back to the player subject here. 

Alrighty Then! Thanks for the insight 

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

He's proven to be a better hitter than Martin: career 76 OPS+ vs. Martin's season of 54. A good defender who's held his own on several contending teams, he would probably be a stabilizing influence on a wobbly infield and shell-shocked pitching staff. Reminds me of the role that Cesar Izturis played for us 2009-10, although Hechavarria is a slightly better hitter.

We know what Adeiny is. Martin is still just a young dude.

22 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

We know what Adeiny is. Martin is still just a young dude.

Interesting to note that when Hechavarria was the same age as Martin was last season, he posted a -2.1 rWAR and 56 OPS+, compared to -0.6 and 54 for Martin  in 2019.    The next year, he improved to 86 OPS+ and 0.8 rWAR.     So, maybe there’s hope for Martin this upcoming season.