Definite Interest in Adeiny Hechavarria

Roll Tide

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Interesting to note that when Hechavarria was the same age as Martin was last season, he posted a -2.1 rWAR and 56 OPS+, compared to -0.6 and 54 for Martin  in 2019.    The next year, he improved to 86 OPS+ and 0.8 rWAR.     So, maybe there’s hope for Martin this upcoming season.  

That's an interesting comp, although I just want to point out AH wasn't platooned like Martin was in the second half last season. I like him, but I think he's going to have to prove himself in Norfolk first, offensively; AH can help to hold the D together in the meantime.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

There's just no point in going after a mediocre veteran like Hech - who cannot hit.  

I wonder whether the hope is that they'll make up for Villar's absence when they finally bench or release Davis, move Mancini to first, where he'll continue to hit, and have a whole outfield of good young hitters playing a full season. That way we can carry someone like Hech, though just for a year or two at most.

• 1 month later...